Parents bury fifth baby in the same grave as four of her siblings who died from the same cause

Mar 16, 2018
06:13 P.M.
Share this pen

The devastation of this family cannot be justified with any amount of words of consolation.


As reported in an article published by Mirror UK, Lacey Pollock from Dundonald, County Down, lost her life on February 26 after her parents decided to take her off life support. She was only four years old.

The rare disease that took her life had been deemed undiagnosable by medical experts at the hospital. The Pollock family had already lost four children. All their children had the same undiagnosed disorder.

Lacey was buried in Roselawn where her mother, Jamie Pollock, had asked all family members and friends to wear bright colored clothes. The funeral service was held on March 2, 2018, and Lacey was buried with her siblings.


The city council made arrangements for the Pollock family and allowed them to bury their daughter in the same grave as her siblings. 

According to the law, a child's grave is allowed to hold only four children at a time. The parents were grateful to the city council for permitting their sentimental request and they thanked them publicly on social media.

"There is room for Lacey which is what we wanted – all the children together. Our hearts are completely broken – can’t even believe we are writing this post. The post has since been taken down."

Jamie Pollock, Belfast Live, February 28, 2018. 


Te five Pollock children lost their life at distinct stages of their lives. The couple's first baby, Jordan, lost his life in 2001 when he was a month shy of celebrating his first birthday. 

Their daughter Ellie passed away at the age of six in 2011 while Lexie passed away the next year when she was only nine weeks old. The Pollocks had to say goodbye to their 13-year-old son Jamie-Lee in 2014.

The doctors reported the condition to be undiagnosed and could not come to a consensus or a medical term for it. All of the Pollock siblings experienced the same symptoms.

They were unable to talk or move and sometimes needed an overnight supply of oxygen to get through. Tests were carried out on their blood and muscle tissue but no conclusion was found.