Two-year-old in hospital fighting for his life after pizzeria makes a grave mistake

A father took his son to a pizzeria for a delicious treat. But it soon turned into a nightmare for the family.

Sajid Hussain's two-year-old son, Zayaan, who is allergic to dairy, suffered an anaphylactic shock after a Blackpool Pizza Hut store gave him the 'wrong' pizza, according to Liftable.

The source reported that the father had strictly ordered a vegan pizza because of his son's allergy. He even reconfirmed that it was absolutely dairy after receiving the pizza as well.

The staff at the pizzeria reassured Hussain that the pizza was safe to eat. Unfortunately, as soon as Zayaan began eating the Margherita pizza, he went into anaphylactic shock.

“Ten minutes went by and he just started shutting down,” the online source quoted his Hussain recalling the incident. “Something wasn’t right.”

He explained that Zayaan could no longer respond to him, had trouble breathing, and also began vomiting. When the paramedics arrived at the scene, his oxygen levels had reached too low.

Hussain further stated, “It actually got worse as we got to the hospital. There were talks of him having to be resuscitated. Luckily my wife had the Epipens with her.”

Zayaan was treated at Blackpool Victoria Hospital for two days following the incident. Although the young boy was recovering, he was 'quite himself' yet, according to the father.

The family stated that the incident had been a traumatic experience for them and they would not want anyone else to endure what they had gone through.

Later, Hussain spoke to the Pizza Hut about the entire incident and also called up Environmental Health. Following the complain, Pizza Hut released a statement apologizing for their mistake and assuring the family that investigations were underway.

In their statement, Pizza Hut also revealed that the incident was an 'unacceptable situation' and that their internal investigation had found that the family had been given the wrong pizza due to 'human error.'

Related posts
2-Year-Old Girl Is Fighting for Her Life after Being Shot While Playing in a Backyard
People Mar 29, 2019
2-Year-Old Girl Is Fighting for Her Life after Being Shot While Playing in a Backyard
10-Year-Old Took His Own Life after Ruthless Bullying, Mother Says
People Mar 27, 2019
10-Year-Old Took His Own Life after Ruthless Bullying, Mother Says
Guy Becomes a Star after Getting Caught on CBSN Live While Eating Pizza at Cohen's Hearing
News Mar 02, 2019
Guy Becomes a Star after Getting Caught on CBSN Live While Eating Pizza at Cohen's Hearing
9-year-old grandson saves his dying grandfather's life by calling 911 in urgent situation
Jan 09, 2019
9-year-old grandson saves his dying grandfather's life by calling 911 in urgent situation

Please disable your AdBlocker

Advertising helps us continue to provide quality content. For instant unlimited access. Please disable your AdBlocker on our site and refresh the page.

If you need help to disable AdBlocker please choose yours: