Keep this in mind! There are some foods you should never, ever microwave

There are bad consequences - some serious - when these foods are cooked using a microwave.

The effects include harming one's eyes or allowing the spread of harmful bacteria, as reported by Shared.

Below are the foods you shouldn't cook using the microwave:

Chili peppers

Chili peppers contain capsaicin, a chemical that gives them their spicy flavor. It is also the chemical used to make pepper spray.

Source: Freepik

Source: Freepik

When chili peppers are heated in the microwave, these chemicals seep out in a dangerous mist, potentially harming one's eyes and throat.

Eggs

It is okay to reheat cooked eggs, but making hard boiled egges using a microwave is not a wise thing to do.

Source: Freepik

Source: Freepik

The egg can end up exploding because there is nowhere for the steam to go when the pressure builds up inside the egg's shell. This can pose danger.

Frozen meat

A microwave can cause harmful bacteria to spread on a frozen meat. This happens because microwave heats food unevenly, especially when parts are more thick or thin.

Source: Freepik

Source: Freepik

Mushrooms

Eating leftover mushrooms, in general, is harmful. Reheating mushrooms in a microwave does not make it safe to eat.

According to the European Food Information Council, mushrooms - which are a form of fungi - are only safe to eat within 24 hours of their preparation.

Source: Freepik

Source: Freepik

If one must eat leftover mushrooms, these have to be reheated thoroughly to 158 degress - which a microwave can't reliably do.

Chicken

Reheating leftover chicken in a microwave may increase the risk of salmonella contamination. Proteins in chicken also break down when reheated, making one feel queasy.

The safest way to eat leftover chicken is to reheat it first using oven or the stove.

Grapes

Source: Freepik

Source: Freepik

Grapes may look harmless but these fruits are loaded with sugar that can catch fire when heated up. These fruits have been known to create super heated plasma in the microwave.