logo

28-year-old nearly died from biting his nails

author
May 14, 2018
02:38 A.M.

The infection had spread through his blood and he was dangerously close to getting a sepsis shock.

Advertisement

28-year-old Like Hanoman is a father of two, who almost lost his life to a lethal infection caused by biting his fingernails, according to a report from The Sun.

The source informed that Hanoman bit down the skin down the side of his nail and caught sepsis that initiated flu-like symptoms that continued for over a week. During the period, the infection spread through his blood and threatened to claim his life.

He was taken for emergency care at a hospital where he was put under 24-hour observation. The doctors told him that he was 'lucky to be alive,' the online source wrote.

Hanoman, who works as a warehouse operator, now wants everyone to be aware of the dangers of sepsis. He also reminded everyone about his own ill habit. "I used to bite my nails all the time. It was a nervous thing," the source quoted him as saying.

Advertisement

He also recalled how he had had "cold sweats" and his fingers started swelling and throbbing following the infection. "I started going really weird and I couldn't focus," he added in his interview with The Sun.

It was his mother who did the quick thinking and called the NHS helpline 111 and told the operator about his horrible condition. She was then instructed by the operator that Hanoman "had 24 hours to get to A&E."

The source further informed that sepsis occurs as a result of infection when the body's immune system begins to attack itself and stops the functioning of healthy tissues as well as organs.

To battle the condition, Hanoman had to spend four days in Southport Hospital as he was treated with antibiotics by the medical experts. After recovering, the doctors revealed to him that he was dangerously close to getting a septic shock and losing his life.

The Sun wrote that there are around 123,000 cases of sepsis reported in England every year.

Advertisement
info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Advertisement
Related posts

Patients Reveal the Most Awkward Doctor Visit They've Ever Had

November 22, 2023

I Brought My Son to the Hospital after Accident and Found Out That He Wasn’t Really My Son – Story of the Day

January 08, 2024

Head Tattoos and Wig: What Michael Jackson’s Autopsy Revealed About Him

December 06, 2023

Jerry Mathers Lost 55 Pounds in Health Battle — Now Proud Grandpa of 5 Flaunts His Large Family

December 18, 2023

I Took My Son to the Hospital after Accident and Found Out He Wasn't Really My Son – Story of the Day

January 31, 2024

Husband Pretends to Be Infertile for 40 Years So His Wife Won't Know She Can't Have Kids — Story of the Day

February 19, 2024

Woman Is Called ‘Irresponsible’ for Having a Baby with Her Skin Condition — She Shows off Her ‘Gorgeous’ Little Girl

January 31, 2024

Woman Spots Hand Emerging from Trunk of the Car in Front of Her – Story of the Day

November 07, 2023

Alan Jackson's Son-in-Law Died at 28 after an Accident – What Happened That Tragic Day

February 12, 2024

Why Shannen Doherty Thought Her Procedures to Become Mom Contributed to Her Cancer

January 11, 2024

Patients Reveal the Most Awkward Doctor Visit They've Ever Had

January 10, 2024

Shannen Doherty's Husband Cheated On Her before Her Brain Surgery

December 07, 2023

Military Veteran Suspects His Middle Child Is Not His & Takes DNA Test — Story of the Day

December 06, 2023

Rich Man in Big SUV Blocks Ambulance in Traffic Unaware His Son Is inside — Story of the Day

November 14, 2023