Pauley Perrette claims she exited 'NCIS' after 'multiple physical assaults'
The former NCIS actress, Pauley Perrette, has released a number of cryptic messages on Twitter. The messages were related to her leaving the drama series.
In one of her notes, she stated that she left because of ‘multiple physical assaults.’ She further elaborated in her tweets that nothing was worth one's safety.
Perrette’s final episode on NCIS aired on May 8, 2018. There she had played the role of Abby Sciuto for 15 seasons according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The star cryptically explained over the weekend why she had left the CBS show. In a series of tweets, the actress stated that although she had never told her story publicly, she left the show due to ‘multiple physical assaults.’
She also encouraged other victims to ‘stay safe,’ and to tell someone. Perrette stated that she hadn’t wanted to lower her standard that’s why she never publicly shared what happened.
She acknowledged that there were tabloid articles out there that were telling lies about me. The star stated that anyone that believed them clearly didn’t know her.
She admitted that she felt the need to protect her crew, jobs and so many people. The actress confessed that this came at a great cost to her and she was just trying to do the right thing.
‘I left. Multiple Physical Assaults. I REALLY get it now. Stay safe.’
Pauley Perrette, Twitter, May 13, 2018
Perrette revealed that she now felt that silence wasn't the right thing in this instance. In a later tweet, she shared that there was a ‘machine' that was keeping her silent, and sharing false stories about her.
The star added that this ‘machine’ was a very rich and powerful publicity ‘machine.’ It had no morals, no obligation to truth and she was left reading the lies and trying to protect her crew.
At some point, she states that ‘He did it.’ She added that she had been supporting anti-bullying programs forever but she really knew what it was like because she had faced it too.
Perrette announced that she would be leaving the show in October 2017. At the time, she said her decision was made the year prior and nothing to do with a nonexistent skin-care line or any rift.
She stated that she hoped people would enjoy the character she played for everything she had given for the last 16 years. The actress confessed that she loved Sciuto as much as her fans did.
This was not the first time that Perrette has used her Twitter account to call out alleged abusers. In October 2017, she shared a #MeToo story where she claimed she had been raped by a football player at 15 years old.
At the time, she shared that the rape had led her into multiple abusive relationships. She also confessed to having awful self-worth and self-blame.
The star admitted to having dismissed a few groping incidents. Perrette added that she had allowed herself to be bullied by a powerful man at work for way too long until she decided it was enough.
Her last episode saw big ratings for CBS. The network's ratings went up by 20 percent with 14.8 million viewers watching NCIS which topped ABC's ratings of Roseanne.
This made NCIS the most-watched show worldwide. The show was also renewed for another season after the main star, Mark Harmon, signed a new two-year deal according to sources.