logo

Amazing video captures the moment people rescue 30 beached dolphins

Rebelander Basilan
Jul 03, 2018
09:16 P.M.

Brazilian sunbathers saved 30 dolphins. The dramatic rescue was captured on video.

Posted to YouTube by Crariyo on March 5, 2012, the video shows many dolphins end up stranded at Arraial do Cabo and are saved by the beachgoers.

The sunbathers were astonished when they noticed the dozens of dolphins swam into the very shallow water on the beach.

As it turns out, the mammals couldn't swim back out because of the powerful ocean currents. They were moments away from death.

Source: Freepik

Source: Freepik

Follow us on Twitter @amomama_usa.

Luckily, the kind-hearted spectators sprang into action as the poor dolphins yelled in high-pitched distress.

In the footage, the beachgoers are seen swimming in the sea. Then they pulled the dolphins by their tails towards deeper waters.

The onlookers' efforts paid off as it appears all the dolphins made it back to the sea safely.

Source: Freepik

Source: Freepik

The video, which titled '30 Dolphins stranding and incredibly saved! Extremely rare event!' has amassed more than 34 million views on YouTube. A lot of netizens also placed their thoughts via comments.

YouTube user guitarbob173 wrote: 'To those involved, thank you for restoring a small part of my faith in humanity.'

'Amazing. So many lives saved and it literally only took 3:30 minutes. What humans can do when we all care,' RogueNinja16 added.

'More and more whales and dolphins are beaching themselves. What are the causes? Many! Polluted water, oil, garbage in our oceans to name just a few,' Judith Campbell commented. 'People need to stop throwing garbage into our oceans, rivers and streams! We must clean up our mess before we kill every living creature be it on land or in the sea! '

As reported by Mirror, mass beachings of dolphins, whales, and porpoises have become more common lately.

Some scientists believed that bacterial or viral infections, toxins or loud noises could play a role.

info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Related posts

Ryan Fitzpatrick's 7 Kids Are Mostly Kept Out of the Spotlight

November 20, 2023

Celebrity Hairstyle Experiments: From Jennifer Garner’s Pink Waves & Sandra Bullock’s Blonde Hair to Rihanna’s Caramel Shade

November 22, 2023

Airport Worker Points at 5-Year-Old Girl While Mocking Her Name, Mom Decides to Fight Back

November 02, 2023

Woman, 38, Gives Birth to 17th Baby & Shows Her House for Her Big Family

January 23, 2024

People Ignore Single Mom-Of-Four Stranded with Her Kids, Elderly Man Knocks Her Car Window

February 07, 2024

'My Mommy's Not Breathing': Chilling Call 4-Year-Old Girl Made to Emergency Services While Trying to Save Mom

January 18, 2024

Man Helps Woman in Trouble on the Road, 3 Years Later He Meets Her Again at His Mother's House

November 12, 2023

I Worked Hard to Get My Child Back from a Shelter, but When I Got There He Was Gone – Story of the Day

February 23, 2024

Groom Tells Unsuspecting Bride They Have Just Become a Family-Of-3

November 23, 2023

Users Say Kate Middleton, 41, Showed Too Much Bare Legs & Skirt Length Was 'Not Appropriate' during New Outing

November 22, 2023

Father Finds Out Daughter Is Bullying Girl for Her Looks, So He Befriends Victim

October 30, 2023

23-Year-Old YouTuber Marries His Friend's 75-Year-Old Mom to Prove a Point

December 31, 2023

‘Who Is Prince William’s +1?’: Pics of Prince William Sitting with a Woman at Event Dinner Spark Debate

February 14, 2024

Prince William Speaks Out for the 1st Time on His Wife & Dad's Health Issues — The Public Sends Prayers

February 08, 2024