logo

The official verdict is in for Scott Baio's sexual assault investigation

Ksenia Novikova
Jul 16, 2018
11:29 A.M.
Share this pen
FacebookFacebookTwitterTwitterLinkedInLinkedInEmailEmail

Years after the fact, Nicole Eggert finally came forward to accuse Scott Baio, but nothing can be done to prosecute him.

Advertisement

In February 2018, Eggert came forward with claims that her former Charles in Charge co-star Baio had sexually assaulted her for years when she was between the ages of 14 and 18.

Eggert met with the Los Angeles County Deputy DA, who was reviewing her case, as reported by TMZ.

A source told the publication that the DA had found Eggert's claims and case credible, but said to her that even so they would not be able to press charges

Source: GettyImages

Source: GettyImages

Advertisement

Follow us on Twitter @amomama_usa.

Unfortunately for Eggert, the case cannot be prosecuted because of the statute of limitations.

Current law states that there is no statute of limitations on sexual assault of a minor, but in the 1980's, when Eggert was being assaulted by Baio, the statute of limitations was just three years.

By the time the law was changed, that three years had already run out.

"I always knew this case was beyond statutes of limitations and unfortunately the DA would not be able to prosecute Scott Baio. However I also knew the importance of laying the groundwork for any future victims of Baio's that may come forward and to warn parents who might unknowingly allow their children to be alone with this molester," Eggert told TMZ.

Advertisement
Source: GettyImages

Source: GettyImages

Baio himself had no comment, but his rep spoke up after the TMZ report, saying he hoped the DA would come forward and refute their claims that Eggert's case was credible.

Advertisement

"Nicole Eggert will be held accountable for her untrue and defamatory claims attacking Scott Baio and his family," the rep told Fox News.

Baio's only response to Eggert's original claims was that they had engaged in consensual sex just once after she had turned 18.

Another Charles in Charge co-star came forward to support Eggert's allegations. Alexander Polinsky said that the set was a "toxic environment," and claimed to have been mentally and physically abused by Baio.

Advertisement
info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Advertisement
Related posts

Todd Chrisley’s ‘Perfect’ Daughter Once Accused Him of Attempted Extortion Yet He Promised to Always Love Her

February 16, 2022

Kelly LeBrock Was 'Instantly Attracted' to Steven Seagal Yet 'Hated' Herself after Their Divorce

May 09, 2022

Melody Thomas Scott Was Abandoned by Mom & Raised by 'Evil' Grandma — She Later Left Her Dying Granny's Home

March 24, 2022

Jay-Z Refuses to Do a DNA Test for Years While His Alleged Look-Alike Son Wants Him to ‘Tell the Truth’

March 08, 2022