Bride revealed heartache after husband dies on honeymoon from lung cancer
A newly-wed bride lived the worst nightmare that a bride can live. Her husband started to feel bad during their honeymoon and tragically died the next day.
According to Daily Mail, Alan, of Morley, West Yorkshire, started being violently sick on May 27. An emergency nurse diagnosed food poisoning but told Aimee to take him to a clinic for tests.
After spending the first two days in Cape Verde relaxing and exploring the island, the third day started with a lazy morning, but just a few hours later, he told Aimee he felt so tired he needed to sleep before dinner.
The devastated bride said: “I just can’t understand it. In the space of 12 hours, he had gone from being fine and dandy to having died. He didn’t have any signs of cancer. It was horrible.”
But at midnight, he woke up being violently sick and with stomach pains, leading Aimee to call an emergency nurse at 4 am. Read more on our Twitter account @amomama_usa.
The nurse thought it was food poisoning and gave him anti-sickness drugs and pain relief before telling him to go to the clinic at 8 am for further tests.
It was love at first sight for the couple from West Yorkshire in northern England, who met at JD’s nightclub in Morley near Leeds in 2011.
An hour went by, Aimee was asked to go into a room with the doctors, where they informed her that Alan had died and they did all they could do for him. A post-mortem found that Alan did not die from any stomach-related illness but actually lung cancer.
“Then they asked me to leave as things got worse. I rang my mum crying. It was probably about an hour before someone came back to me. They asked me to go into a room, and that’s when I knew he was dead.” Sais Aimee.
Alan, who was from West Yorkshire and a gardener, had a benign tumor that was found when he was 19-years-old. He was also described as being fit and healthy.
Aimee was forced to fly home without her husband, whose body arrived two days later. A wake was held for Alan at Churwell WMC, where he regularly attended.