On Friday, the Daily Mail published a new interview where Michael Bublé seemingly hinted at his departure from music. Two days later, his publicist corrected the rumors.
Liz Rozenberg insisted that the musician’s statement was taken out of context. She also revealed that he wasn’t going anywhere.
Michael Bublé’s publicist, Liz Rozenberg, said the singer “is absolutely not retiring” from music. She added that “He is not going anywhere.”
An interview with the Daily Mail started the rumors that Bublé, 43, was leaving the industry. It’s alleged that the singer said:
“I don't have the stomach for it any more. The celebrity narcissism.”
For more on this story go to our Twitter account @amomama_usa. He apparently added:
“This is my last interview. I'm retiring. I've made the perfect record and now I can leave at the very top.”
Rozenberg shared that Bublé “was talking about the emotions he was feeling during his son’s illness.” His son, Noah, 5, was diagnosed with liver cancer in 2016.
The singer has been open about his eldest child’s battle with the disease. Earlier this month, he explained how the illness had changed his and wife, Luisana Lopilato’s lives.
The two parents also have two other children Elias, 2, and Vida, 2-months-old. In July, the musician admitted that he had considered leaving music due to his son’s illness.
At the time, Bublé said:
“I truly thought I’d never come back to music. Family is what matters. The health of my children is number one. The relationship with my family, my wife, my faith -- all of it is easily number one."
This year it was announced that his son was in remission. The singer is set to release his new album. “Love” on November 16.
The star has won four Grammy awards and sold 75-million records. He returned to performing after putting his career on hold when his son was diagnosed.
Bublé shared that Noah’s battle had taught him to appreciate “the small things.”