Louise Harvey, a mother of three, tragically passed away after having breast enlargement. Merely 17 days after the procedure, she struggled to breathe and had developed a blood clot in her chest.
The 36-year-old beauty therapist died in July 2018 after she was admitted to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital.
It was recently revealed that a pulmonary embolism caused her death after her breast augmentation.
Pulmonary embolisms occur when a blood clot develops in one of the arteries. Surgery has always been a risk factor for it.
Follow us on Twitter at AmoMama USA for more details and updates.
Upon her inquest, the coroner for Norfolk, Yvonne Blake, revealed that Harvey wanted to “improve her appearance” and decided to go under the knife.
Just 17 days after her surgery, she complained about not breathing properly and eventually collapsed.
The inquest is scheduled to happen on March 23, 2019, at Norwich Coroners’ Court.
Meanwhile, Harvey’s friends decided to set up a JustGiving page to raise money and provide financial aid to her children – 18-year-old Kayleigh-Anne, 11-year-old Owen, and six-year-old Jaxon.
Mark Huston, the person who set up the page, said, “It has been a shock to us all that this beautiful, young devoted mother of three has been taken away from us so early and without warning when she had so much to live for.”
A professor explained that surgery “of any kind” adds greater risk to a person to suffer a blood clot.
Professor Beverley Hunt, Medical Director of charity Thrombosis UK, explained, “Hospitalization is the greatest risk factor for blood clots, also known as venous thromboembolism (VTE) or thrombosis, and usually diagnosed as a deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or pulmonary embolism (PE).”
She added that in England, it is compulsory that every person admitted to a hospital should be assessed first for VTE risk. Preventative measures should be received by patients who have risk factors like being overweight or being older than 60 years old.
“Knowing the risk factors and how we can reduce these, such as the importance of keeping mobile, well hydrated and continuing with any treatment or medication advised by the healthcare professional, even when discharged from hospital, is vitally important in preventing a serious blood clot developing,” continued the professor.
Meanwhile, in Dallas, Texas, another 36-year-old woman suffered severe brain damage after her botched rhinoplasty procedure.
The woman went into cardiac arrest and had to be placed into a medically-induced coma. Unfortunately, she passed away.