'Please stop': Meghan Markle's dad shares emotional letter allegedly sent by the Duchess
74-year-old Thomas Markle made the family situation with his daughter escalade after he shared excerpts from a letter Meghan sent him in August trying to stop him from ventilating their issues in public.
On February 10, Daily Mail published fragments from a 5-page-letter allegedly written by 37-year-old Meghan Markle in an attempt to make things right with her father following many controversies due to his behavior.
But we can expect things between them to only get worse now that the news outlet claims that the former lighting director shared the handwritten letter with them, in a move that disrespects the Duchess’ privacy.
NOT A CONCILIATORY LETTER
According to Daily Mail, Thomas feels that Meghan’s letter was not exactly conciliatory, which left him “devastated,” but it is hard to know what he is expecting from making its contents available for the world to read.
Apparently, Thomas felt forced to share the letter in fear of its contents been “falsely portrayed” even though he had kept from doing it for all these months “out of respect for Meghan.”
“If you love me, as you tell the press you do, please stop. Please allow us to live our lives in peace. Please stop lying, please stop creating so much pain, please stop exploiting my relationship with my husband.”
FRIENDS OF THE DUCHESS DEFENDED HER
Previously, a friend of Meghan whose identity is not known talked to People about the letter in question and said it begged Thomas to stop from trying to use media as a channel to talk to his daughter.
According to this friend, Meghan has tried many ways to get her father to talk to her, even if he claims not to have access to her, and this might have prompt Thomas to “counterattack” by making Meghan’s words public.
“Please stop victimizing me through the media so we can repair our relationship,” Meghan reportedly asked her father, but that is exactly what he seems to be doing now that he has chosen to reveal part of a letter that was only addressed at him.
A HEARTBREAKING LETTER
“Daddy, it is with a heavy heart that I write this, not understanding why you have chosen to take this path, turning a blind eye to the pain you’re causing,” are the opening lines of the letter.
Meghan allegedly opened up with her father about how he had broken her “heart into a million pieces,” and about her difficult to understand why he chose “not to tell the truth” and to be “puppeteered in this.”
In the letter, the Duchess allegedly accuses Thomas of lying many times about his willingness to go to her wedding to Prince Harry in May, and also about never having asked for financial help.
“You sent me an email last October that said: ‘If I’ve depended too much on you for financial help then I’m sorry but please if you could help me more not as a bargaining chip for my loyalty,’” Meghan would have written.
The letter shared by Daily Mail suggests that Meghan stopped hearing from Thomas after his heart attack, which took place days before the Royal Wedding.
“To hear about you having a heart attack through a tabloid was horrifying. I called and texted… I begged you to accept help- we sent someone to your home… and instead of speaking to me to accept this or any help, you stopped answering your phone and chose to only speak to tabloids.”
-Meghan Markle (allegedly), Daily Mail, February 10, 2019.
“If you love me, as you tell the press you do, please stop. Please allow us to live our lives in peace. Please stop lying, please stop creating so much pain, please stop exploiting my relationship with my husband,” Meghan reportedly added.
But according to Thomas, this letter doesn’t do justice to his relationship with Meghan, and it resulted in him feeling worse about the entire thing.
“I thought it would be an olive branch. Instead, it was a dagger to the heart,” Thomas told Daily Mail. The news outlet also claims to have been shown text messages of Thomas trying to reach out to his daughter and son-in-law in vain.
It is implied that Thomas is upset because Meghan’s friends seem to be allowed to speak in her name about this family problem but he is heavily criticized each time he speaks in public.
SAMANTHA MARKLE AT IT AGAIN
Meghan’s letter was made public following a series of messages from her half-sister Samantha, who once again attacked the Duchess and accused her of trying to get her friends to make her look good.
“If the narcissist is wealthy they pay very expensive PR teams to change the way people see you,” Samantha tweeted on February 6, according to Daily Mail. (Her twitter account is set to private.)
Samantha’s long-awaited book “In the Shadows of the Duchess” is also expected to be released close to Meghan’s due date, and Meghan’s becoming a mother hasn’t stopped Samantha from continuing to try to shame the Duchess.
POSSIBLE LEGAL ACTION
While Samantha dismissed People’s interview with unnamed friends of Meghan as a PR stunt and accused the magazine of publishing “fake news,” Meghan’s true PR team in Kensington Palace might actually be considering what to do about all this.
According to The Sun, Kensington Palace is looking into taking legal action over Meghan’s letter to he father been “leaked” to the press, as Samantha threatens Meghan, saying their father “is prepared to release more” of the letter.
Kensington Palace is allegedly seeking legal advice in case Meghan decides to pursue any legal action, citing UK’s law, which establishes that Meghan is the copyright owner of her letter.