Newly surfaced videotape shows R.Kelly allegedly having sex with underage girl

New evidence against R. Kelly has surfaced. This time video evidence shows him having sex with an underage girl.

Attorney Michael Avenatti revealed on Thursday that he has found new evidence to convict R. Kelly. The attorney claims a new videotape allegedly showing the embattled singer "engaging in multiple sexual assaults of a girl underage" is in his possession.

He took to Twitter to post a statement on the matter. Avenatti claims he has handed over the "recently uncovered and recovered" VHS tape to Cook County State Attorney Kim Foxx in Chicago, Illinois.

Avenatti went on to claim the video is not the same evidence used in Kelly's 2008 trial. The trial he referenced saw R Kelly acquitted on child pornography charges.

"This tape, which is clear, is approximately 45 minutes in length and has never previously been publicly disclosed or, until recently, provided to law enforcement," alleged Avenatti.

Avenatti is reportedly representing an individual described by the attorney as a whistleblower. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the individual is standing against Kelly.

"My client knows the identity of the girl and R. Kelly," Avenatti said, per the news outlet. "He identified the two of them on the videotape. He worked for and has known R. Kelly for decades, and he met the girl on a number of occasions."

R. Kelly's attorney Steven Greenberg released his own statement in response to the allegations. He said on Thursday:

"I have not been contacted by anyone connected with law enforcement, nor has R Kelly. Mr. Kelly denies that he has engaged in any illegal conduct, of any kind whatsoever. He would like to be able to continue to write and sing and produce and perform. Unfortunately, as a result of a documentary that regurgitated long ago rejected claims, he has been adjudged guilty in the public eye. In this age of hashtags, we are too quick to rush to judgment simply because something is associated with a hashtag. A hashtag does not make claims credible."

The statement continued:

"All of the claims by these women were brought forth years ago, rejected by the police, and/or rejected by the courts, but now for their own gain, they have rehashed them. Each of the women in that documentary are out for money, whether they have suddenly filed a lawsuit, they have all of a sudden released their own song, or they have written a book. Indeed, some of the women are going on a 'Surviving R Kelly Tour,' charging for people to hear them speak about their lives. Accuse R Kelly and boom, make a buck."

"There are three countries in the world where people are presumed guilty, China, North Korea, and Myanmar. Unfortunately, that is the standard of justice that is now being applied to R Kelly. In this country, people are entitled to presumptions of innocence. Absent conclusive evidence, proof beyond reasonable doubt, I would ask that people follow the principles that make this country great. We will have no further comment. Thanks to all his fans and their support. He will continue to work on his album," concluded the statement.

Kelly and his attorney have denied the allegations for years and doubled down on their stance since the airing of the docu-series "Surviving R. Kelly." Especially since the rapper was reportedly hospitalised for panic attacks after its release.

Related posts
People Mar 08, 2019
R.Kelly Reportedly Accused of Not Seeing His Kids in Years after Mentioning Them in Interview
Jan 21, 2019
R. Kelly's brother claims singer used to ask him to get 'underage girls' at concerts
Jan 14, 2019
Iyanla Vanzant says she shut R. Kelly down after singer allegedly asked to appear on 'Fix My Life'
Jan 10, 2019
John Legend responds to critics after appearing in controversial R. Kelly docuseries