Céline Dion Addresses Rumors She's Dating Backup Dancer Pepe Muñoz

Paris fashion week renewed rumors that Céline Dion and Pepe Muñoz are an item, but Céline made it clear he is nothing more than her best friend.

During a concert in Los Angeles on Wednesday night, Céline announced her first world tour in over a decade along with her new album, both by the same title, “Courage.” The following day, the legendary Céline sat down for an interview with Extra and talked about her tour and the dating rumors.

After Céline lost her brother, Daniel and her husband, René Angélil, to throat cancer in 2016, she didn’t know if she would be able to return to the stage.

With time and support from loved ones she made it back, she titled the album and tour in honor of the courage that helped her make her way back to the stage.

“It was a challenge to go back onstage. I didn't know if I was going to have the strength and the courage to sing again because René always sang with me. René was my second half,” Céline told Renee Bargh from Extra.

The five-time Grammy winner addressed rumors about her and Pepe back in January during a podcast with Dan Wootton and stated that she is single and that they “bonded right away as friends.”

During Paris fashion week the two appeared close as they showed up at numerous events hand in hand while Pepe also seemed somewhat protective over Céline.

She also told Dan that the romance rumors between her and Pepe don’t bother her. “I don’t mind because he’s handsome and he’s my best friend,” Céline said. “He did so much for me, for my mental health, my spirituality, my strength… my inner strength.”

During Thursday’s interview, she reiterated on this as she added, “At first I felt for him quite a bit. Pepe is gay. At first, I think some people did not know that.”

Although it has been a difficult couple of years for Céline, it made her “stronger” and proudly said, “I’m the boss now.”

And as “the boss” said during the concert and Q&A at the Ace Hotel on Wednesday, "It's time for a change, it's time to hit the road. So lots of news, lots of work."

Céline’s Courage World Tour is set to kick off in Quebec City, Canada on September 18, three months after the end of her Las Vegas residency.

On October 18, the singer will return to the US where she will start her tour of over 50 North American cities in Cleveland, Ohio.

As part of the big reveal, the event started with a tank top wearing Céline who jumped in behind the wheel of a truck leaving Las Vegas, complete with a showgirl, slot machine and an Elvis impersonator in the back seat.

After the truck broke down on screen, Céline appeared on stage in a dramatic black gown as rising stage curtains revealed her presence.

The announcement of Céline’s new world tour comes as great news to fans worldwide since her last Taking Chances World Tour happened a decade ago in 2008 until 2009.

The powerhouse singer won't be taking her three children with while on tour and will remain in their Las Vegas school.

For the last three years, Céline raised 16-year-old Rene-Charles and the six-year-old twins - Eddy and Nelson as a single parent. During an interview with the Sun last year, the singer revealed the struggles she faced as a parent since René died in January 2016.

Related posts
Jan 28, 2019
Backup Dancer Rescues Céline Dion from Having a Wardrobe Malfunction in Public
Jan 28, 2019
Céline Dion, 50, Glows in a Plunging Silver Trouser Suit, Gets Comfortable with Pepe Muñoz, 34
Jan 24, 2019
Céline Dion, 50, glows in a plunging silver trouser suit, gets comfortable with Pepe Muñoz, 34
Jan 26, 2019
Céline Dion spotted crying after hearing a song she performed in honor of her late husband