Toddler Who Went Missing on Mother's Day Found Alive after 3 Days of Searching

Rodolfo Vieira
May 20, 2019
08:04 P.M.
Share this pen

Kenneth Howard, a little boy from Kentucky has recently been found after spending almost three days alone in the wild. Fortunately, he was just a little dehydrated.


The search for the 1-year-old boy finally came to an end on Wednesday, May 15, 2019, after rescuers discovered him sitting on a 50-foot rock ledge in the Kentucky Hills.

It has been reported that Kenneth was found around a quarter mile from his home in Magoffin County and that the news was shared by the Magoffin County Sheriff's Department.



It is believed that Kenneth, who disappeared on Sunday, might have wandered off from his family and walked out the back door of his home while his father, Elden Howard, was in the front yard.


With so many kidnapping stories flooding the media, the concerned father was afraid that his little boy had been taken by a stranger, but receiving the news that he had been found lifted a big weight off his shoulders.

According to Howard:

"This was like somebody dropping a big boulder on you when he left. Now it's like somebody picked it up off of you."



During the search, which involved state police, K-9 units and helicopters, more than 300 volunteers swept the area on foot and horseback trying to locate the toddler.

Luckily, one of those volunteers heard Kenneth crying, which immediately led them to him. After being found, the boy said "Here all night," right before being transported by air to Cabell Huntington Hospital in Huntington, West Virginia.



But while Kenneth wasn't kidnapped as his father believed, the same can't be said about Salem Sabtka, an 8-year-old from Texas who was abducted while walking with her mother.

The chilling moment was captured by a neighbor's doorbell camera, which allowed the police to get a photo of the suspect's car. With the help of two anonymous heroes who found the car, police managed to track Salem.

Officers breached through the hotel room Michael Webb, the kidnapper, was staying in and found him and Salem inside. According to Buddy Calzada, a spokesman for the Fort Worth Police, the 51-year-old was calm and offered no resistance while being arrested.