Nick Cannon Slams Rumors He Quit Dr. Sebi Documentary after Death Threats
Days after several news outlets claimed that Nick Cannon had halted the production of his Dr. Sebi documentary, the star finally cleared up the situation by slamming the rumors on his Instagram account.
Nick Cannon is moving forward with his controverted documentary about Alfredo Bowman aka Dr. Sebi, contrary to rumors that spread earlier this week.
“Oh “They” wish this was the truth!! Who made this dumb s**t?! LOL #Fearless.”
The 38-year-old rapper and TV host first became interested in producing the documentary after Nipsey Hussle’s death last March.
NIPSEY’ HUSSLE’S INVOLVEMENT
The Crenshaw rapper was allegedly working on the documentary first, claiming on “The Breakfast Club” last year that he had taken Dr. Sebi’s products and he was interested in sharing the man’s history, particularly his 1985 trial.
“Dr. Sebi went to trial in New York because he put in the newspaper that he cured AIDS," Hussle said. "He beat the case. Then he went to federal court the next day, and he beat that case. But nobody talks about it."
There’s a conspiracy theory that states the government killed Sebi because his natural cures were meddling with the pharmaceutical industry. The man died in 2016 at 82-years-old, while in police custody after being accused of money laundering in Honduras.
“Why do they kill all holistic doctors? You’re messing up the medical industry," Hussle said elsewhere in the interview. "You’re short-stopping his grind. They checking billions. You’re playing with some pharmaceutical money.”
After Hussle was murdered in front of his Marathon clothing store on March 31, some people started to speculate that the rapper had met the same destiny as Dr. Sebi, just because he wanted to share the truth of the man’s life.
However, police arrested a man named Eric Holder for the murder.
NICK PICKS UP THE BATON
After Nipsey’s tragic passing, Cannon, who met the rapper, said he would make sure to continue Hussle’s work.
“Where you left off, we gonna carry one! It’s a MARATHON, so I’m picking up the baton! Because they can’t kill us all! Spiritual Warfare is REAL and in full effect,” Nick wrote on an Instagram post.
“And now your Spirit is protecting your community eternally! Your words, your steps, your walk always was and always will be SOLID! Now, Your message is my message! Your work is my work! I know you still rocking with us and your voice will never be silenced because to be absent from the body is to be present with the Most High!”
View this post on Instagram
And the Lord said, “Job well done my son..” @nipseyhussle King this is how I want to remember you! Laughing! Smiling! I ain’t slept yet, thinking about our conversations! Real ones from a real one! And I’m gonna say this only for the real ones to recognize. Where you left off, we gonna carry one! It’s a MARATHON, so I’m picking up the baton! Because they can’t kill us all! Spiritual Warfare is REAL and in full effect. And now your Spirit is protecting your community eternally! Your words, your steps, your walk always was and always will be SOLID! Now, Your message is my message! Your work is my work! I know you still rocking with us and your voice will never be silenced, because to be absent from the body is to be present with the Most High! So now that you are at Peace don’t Rest... Keep leading... Keep Shining King! Cosmic Love My Brotha! 🙏🏾✊🏾
Nick hasn’t released details about the documentary, but he already met with Dr. Sebi’s wife and son, and he doesn’t seem to be backing off the production until the work is complete.