About AM
Celebrity

September 15, 2019

Actor Terrence Howard Says He's Done with Acting Once the Final Season of 'Empire' Ends

Share this pen
FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmail
Loading...

Advertisement

Terrence Howard reveals plans to leave the acting scene months after allegations of tax evasion by authorities.

Actor and singer, Terrence Howard, is the latest Hollywood celebrity to reveal his plans to quit the world of make-believe and entertainment. The actor first came into the spotlight after the 1995 films "Dead Presidents" and "Mr. Holland's Opus."

Loading...
Loading...

Advertisement

 

Since then the 50-year-old has continued to smash records on and off the screen. In 2015, Terrence became the character "Lucious Lyon" on the television series "Empire". That role gained him even more fame both at home and abroad.

But it seems that the accolades he's gotten over the years no longer affect him as he said during a recent

interview

with Extra that he was "tired of pretending." 

Loading...

Advertisement

The comment was in response to Miss USA Cheslie Kryst's question regarding what Terrence planned for his future after "Empire's" season 6 finale. The show will not be returning to TV after season 6. Terrence

responded

,

"Oh, I'm done with acting. I'm done pretending."

Loading...

Advertisement

Wanting to dig deeper, Cheslie asked if Terrence would be focusing on his work as a philanthropist but apparently the "Lackawanna Blues" actor has other plans:

"No, not philanthropy; I'm just focusing on bringing truth to the world."

Loading...

Advertisement

Although what the actor means by "the truth" is best left to the imagination of his fans and followers, he did admit that he will miss the co-stars of "Empire." Terrence's announcement comes months after he was accused of tax evasion by authorities.

Reports by PEOPLE state that the federal government had an interest in financial crimes possibly committed by the "Big Momma's House" actor. The government was also looking at his third wife, Miranda Pak and Universal Bridges Inc. - which is said to be allegedly owned by Miranda.

Loading...

Advertisement

TERRENCE HOWARD'S BUSY LOVE LIFE

Terrence and Miranda who share two sons – Qirin and Hero – got divorced in 2015 after only two years of marriage. The duo reunited by September of the same year and by December 2018, Terrence re-proposed to the model.

Married Biography reports that before Terrence married Miranda, he was married to Michelle Ghent – she was his second wife. But their union only lasted a year before it crumbled.

Terrence additionally has three children – Aubrey, Heaven, and Hunter – from his first wife, Lori McCommas. Lori and Terrence got divorced in 2003.

Loading...
Loading...

Advertisement