Daily Mail: Prince Harry and Entourage Occupied Entire First Class Carriage on Train Ride from Edinburgh to London

The Duke of Sussex booked the whole first-class carriage on a train heading to London from Edinburgh for himself and his team as they returned from an eco-conference. 

Prince Harry and his entourage had the whole of a first-class train to themselves as they made their way back from London after attending an eco-conference in Edinburgh. 

The Duke of Sussex and his bodyguards booked the LNER service train, which has a 58-seat capacity, with a seat costing $265, meaning Harry had to pay a total cost of $15,300 for the whole train.

Prince Harry and Meghan during their visit to Canada House on January 7, 2020, in London, England. | Source: Getty Images.

Prince Harry and Meghan during their visit to Canada House on January 7, 2020, in London, England. | Source: Getty Images.

However, if the Prince and his entourage booked in advance, they would have paid a cheaper cost than that. It is also not confirmed if Harry paid for the train himself, or if it was funded by taxpayers' money. 

A royal source, however, revealed to Daily Mail that the number of seats reserved by the Duke of Sussex was needed for his traveling party. 

During the Edinburgh eco-conference, Prince Harry was introduced as "Harry" by Ayesha Hazarika, a former Labor advisor. Ayesha, then, said that the Duke doesn't need a title to be a big title. 

View this post on Instagram

This evening, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex attended the annual #WellChildAwards in London. WellChild aims to ensure every child and young person living with serious health needs has the best chance to thrive with the support and medical care needed in the comfort of their own home. The Duke of Sussex became Patron of WellChild in 2007, and last year both The Duke and Duchess attended the awards to honour the children and families that WellChild supports. The Duke, who first came to these awards over a decade ago, shared in his remarks tonight: “Last year when my wife and I attended we knew we were expecting our first child - no one else did at the time, but we did - and I remember squeezing Meghan’s hand so tightly during the awards, both of us thinking what it would be like to be parents one day, and more so, what it would be like to do everything we could to protect and help our child should they be born with immediate challenges or become unwell over time.  And now, as parents, being here and speaking to all of you pulls at my heart strings in a way I could have never understood until I had a child of my own.” • To find out more about tonight’s event and how you can support this very special organisation, please visit @WellChild Photos ©️ PA images

A post shared by The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (@sussexroyal) on

While introducing Prince Harry, Ayesha told the crowds at the event that the Duke of Sussex had made it clear that he should just be called Harry, before going on to usher him in. 

While making an appearance on Good Morning Britain, Ayesha said that Prince Harry was warm, relaxed, and focused on the reason why he was at the conference. 

The security assistance offered to Harry and Meghan would cease in the coming weeks, as a result of the couple's change in status.

View this post on Instagram

“After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution. We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen. It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment. We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to The Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages. This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity. We look forward to sharing the full details of this exciting next step in due course, as we continue to collaborate with Her Majesty The Queen, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties. Until then, please accept our deepest thanks for your continued support.” - The Duke and Duchess of Sussex For more information, please visit sussexroyal.com (link in bio) Image © PA

A post shared by The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (@sussexroyal) on

The journalist also said that Harry was cool, noting that he was very informal, relating freely with the other delegates at the conference.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been residing in Canada since announcing that they would be stepping down as senior members of the Royal Family in January. 

Questions have been raised about their security plans, with the cost that it would incur to secure them while they are outside the UK. Since their stay in Canada, the host country had been providing security assistance to the Royals. 

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) had been doing this at the request of the UK's Metropolitan Police, but that is soon to stop. 

Bill Blair, the Canadian Minister for Federal Public Safety, in a statement on Thursday, said that the security assistance offered to Harry and Meghan would cease in the coming weeks, as a result of the couple's change in status.

It will be recalled that there had been questions surrounding who was footing the bills for Harry and Meghan's security in Canada. With the statement made by Blair, many are still wondering what plans the couple has for security after their Royal exit. 

Related posts
Getty Images
Royal Jan 28, 2020
Meghan & Harry to Reportedly Still Receive Diplomatic Security like Any Other Royal Amid Exit
Getty images
Royal Feb 11, 2020
Daily Mail: Meghan & Harry Risk Looking Tacky after Possible $1M Check for Rumored Appearance at JP Morgan Event
Getty Images
Royal Feb 05, 2020
The Sun: Harry & Meghan's Scotland Yard Protection Officers Say They're Running Errands for the Couple
GettyImages
Royal Feb 27, 2020
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Security Plans Reportedly 'Unworkable' as Its Projected Annual Bill Hits $25m