logo
Getty Images
Source: Getty Images

Prince Harry Arrives in Canada before Borders Close in Effort to Stop Spread of Coronavirus

Busayo Ogunjimi
Mar 17, 2020
10:54 A.M.
Share this pen
FacebookFacebookTwitterTwitterLinkedInLinkedInEmailEmail

A recent announcement by Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau states that the country will be closing its borders to combat the spread of the coronavirus.

Advertisement

After completing their final duties as members of the royal family, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have returned to Canada just before the borders are closed.

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle & their son Archie meet Archbishop Desmond Tutu in Cape Town, South Africa on Sept. 25, 2019 | Photo: Getty Images

Advertisement

Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan made it just in time before Canada closed its borders to foreigners in the bid to combat the growing menace, COVID-19, commonly known as coronavirus.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau recently announced that the country is shutting its borders to non-citizens and non-residents as a way to control the spread of the virus. He made the declaration in a press conference in Ottawa where he said,

" It is time to take every precaution to keep people safe."

Advertisement

Although Canada is yet to record any death due to the virus, the country is making its best effort to keep the spreading menace at bay.

The ban, however, doesn't apply to US citizens and doesn't affect the importing of goods from other countries.

The couple has reportedly accepted an invitation from Her Majesty to take a vacation at the Balmoral Castle in Scotland

Advertisement

Trudeau further informed the citizens that the ban doesn't apply to the families of citizens, flight crews, and diplomats; however, any person that exhibits symptoms of the virus would be denied access into the country.

The Sussex royal couple and their son, Archie, are reported to have made their way back to their new home on Vancouver Island in Canada.

Advertisement

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly in lockdown in their $14 million Canada home. Harry is said to have just recently joined his wife, Markle, and their son, Archie, both of whom had arrived in Canada earlier last week.

However, it seems that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex may be making a return to the royal family this summer. The couple has reportedly accepted an invitation from Her Majesty to take a vacation at the Balmoral Castle in Scotland.

Harry and Meghan, who are still in the process of denouncing their royal status, are going to be spending this summer with the Queen, and they will be bringing along their son, Archie.

Advertisement
Advertisement