People: Prince Albert of Monaco's Condition Remains Unchanged after Testing Positive for COVID-19
Prince Albert of Monaco's condition after testing positive for the COVID-19 coronavirus has his doctors "satisfied for now" as the 62-year-old royal gave a health update.
Prince Albert remains in self-isolation in the Palace after sharing his positive coronavirus diagnosis late last week. In an update shared with PEOPLE, the prince is being monitored by doctors.
With regular checks on his temperature and by measuring his blood oxygen levels with a pulse oximeter, the royal is focused on getting his health back on track and said:
“A little news. Condition unchanged. Little fever, little cough. Vital signs all good. The doctors are satisfied for now.”
Prince Albert of Monaco had himself tested by labs at Princess Grace Hospital Center a week ago. Shortly after receiving the results on Thursday, he received an overwhelming show of support from "virtually everywhere" as messages of "hope and concern" flooded in from "all walks of life."
"We're going to get through this, but it's going to take time," Prince Albert said.
On Thursday, Prince Albert shared with PEOPLE how the virus is affecting him as he described himself as "feeling okay" with flu-like symptoms.
Besides a slight fever, intermittent coughing, and a few days of a runny nose, Prince Albert said he's been feeling "a little stuffed up, but that's it."
As the ruler of the second smallest country in the world at 77 square miles, Prince Albert took over from his father, Prince Rainier III, on March 31, 2005, after his death.
Son to the Hollywood icon Grace Kelly, Prince Albert, since become known for his dedication to environmental conservation efforts and climate change research.
The prince met his wife, Charlene Wittstock, a former Olympic swimmer from South Africa in 2000 during a swimming contest, and became known as Princess Charlene of Monaco after they tied the know during a ceremony that cost a whopping $70 million.
Three thousand five hundred guests attended the lavish wedding catered by celebrity chef Alain Ducasse, and the couple welcomed the now five-year-old twins, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella to the world three years after getting married.
As the coronavirus continues to spread, medical staff in the UK had joined medics from around the world in asking people to stay at home and be responsible.
Queen Elizabeth also made a public appeal for alternative ways to stay in contact with loved ones, and nurses and several other medical staff worldwide posted heartfelt pleas as they remain on the frontline helping those in need.
"I stayed at work for you. You stay at home for us," on touching post read on social media as medical personnel covered in protective gear held up the words.
We at AmoMama do our best to give you the most updated news regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, but the situation is constantly changing. We encourage readers to refer to the online updates from CDC, WHO, or Local Health Departments to stay updated. Take care!