Hollywood Life: Wendy Williams Is Weighing Her Options Amid Talk Show Hiatus Due to COVID-19

Jaimie-lee Prince
Mar 24, 2020
05:30 P.M.
Share this pen
FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmail

Wendy Williams may join others in doing a work-from-home segment for her show in light of the current hiatus amid COVID-19. One insider said she's thinking about it. 

Advertisement

Talk show host Wendy Williams is fully aware of the protocol and need for safety as the coronavirus outbreak continues throughout the nation. Taping for her show has been indefinitely canceled for a week now. 

The 55-year-old's daytime show has been on television for just over a decade. And so Williams is looking to give her fans their much-needed dose of gossip despite the circumstances.

Wendy Williams attends Apple TV+'s "The Morning Show" World Premiere at David Geffen Hall | Photo: Getty Images

Advertisement

Wendy weighing her options

Hollywood Life source reports that the "Wendy Williams" host is currently looking to social media to "continue connecting with her audience." The source added that Williams might do "something from home."

Hosts like Ellen DeGeneres and Jimmy Fallon have already continued their routine and called up a few fellow celebrities for very casual interviews from home as they self-quarantine.

Advertisement

The sourced noted: "Nobody knows for sure how long this is going to go on for, and anything is possible in terms of weighing their options right now."

Host eager to return to work

Williams has already begun giving her fans personal updates from outside her studio. The source reminded us that Williams is used to having hundreds around her every day and moving by a strict schedule.

Advertisement

On a visit to the "Dr. Oz" show last week, Williams even revealed that she would risk her health to continue doing her show if she could. She recalled how she already did a show without an audience, saying

"I'm willing to risk it with one camera and a flashlight. I'm ready to go back to work next week. I'm ready to go back to work when we're like– come on, let's go!"

Advertisement

"Dr. Oz" stops filming in studio

Dr. Mehmet Oz was one of the few hosts still filming his talk show. However, last Wednesday, the studio determined that Oz would start taping from his home studio after a staffer tested positive for COVID-19.

The news came the same day Williams released an update from Oz's green room announcing that she would be appearing alongside the doctor on his series.

Advertisement

Talk and game shows go dark

Williams was among the first to cancel a live studio audience when the coronavirus began in the US just over two weeks ago. At the time, the "Dr. Phil Show" had already stopped welcoming their studio audience. 

Game shows "Jeopardy!" and "Wheel of Fortune" also quickly canceled taping with an audience. "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek was said to be at particularly high risk because he has pancreatic cancer.

Advertisement

In addition to the tv shows, celebrities like Miley Cyrus, Pearl Jam, Madonna, and BTS have also canceled concerts due to COVID-19. Many have taken to social media to talk to fans.

We at AmoMama do our best to give you the most updated news regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, but the situation is constantly changing. We encourage readers to refer to the online updates from CDC, WHO, or Local Health Departments to stay updated. Take care! 

Advertisement