Idris Elba Gives New Health Update after COVID-19 Diagnosis & Talks about Being Immune for Some Time after Isolation
Idris Elba's latest health update gave his adoring fans hope, as he claims that sooner rather than later, he'll be immune to COVID-19, and have a clean bill of health.
Hollywood star and British citizen Idris Elba has encouraging words for his fans on his latest health update. The actor, who has been battling the COVID-19 virus took to Twitter, writing,
"Sab and I still feel okay, so far, with no changes. Dr told us that after quarantine, we would be immune for a certain time."
Elba and his wife, Sabrina Dhowre-Elba, have been in quarantine since the actor tested positive for the virus. He noted that their antibodies are fighting the ailment, and "at some point, we'd like to go home to London."
The actor also asked his fans how they are coping with the COVID-19 situation and asked everyone to stay safe. After Elba tested positive to the virus on March 16th, he and Sabrina chose to isolate together.
Hoping everyone is coping with this $@@!! Currently still quarantine.. Sab and I still feel ok so far with no changes. Dr told us that after quarantine we will be immune for a certain time since our antibodies fought this. 🤔At some point we’d like to go home to London. Bsafe pic.twitter.com/M9wppoSa7i— Idris Elba (@idriselba) March 25, 2020
The couple's decision was met with criticisms, but the "Hobbs and Shaw" star defended their choice. Elba noted that he and his wife calculated the risks, and the woman wanted to be with her man.
Sabrina later tested positive to the virus and has made it clear that she has no regrets. The couple has been in New Mexico together and will remain there until they receive a clean bill of health.
Elba was in the city shooting the Netflix original film, "The Harder They Fall," when he chose to get tested. He recently explained that at first, he chalked his symptoms down to work stress until the doctor told him otherwise.
Since then, the actor has obeyed the rules of social distancing and quarantine. However, despite the London resident's efforts to prevent the spread of the virus, he came under attack.
Rumors surfaced sometime this month that Elba and other movie stars were paid to say they have COVID-19.
This morning I tested positive for Covid 19. I feel ok, I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus. Stay home people and be pragmatic. I will keep you updated on how I’m doing 👊🏾👊🏾 No panic. pic.twitter.com/Lg7HVMZglZ— Idris Elba (@idriselba) March 16, 2020
The actor wasted no time shutting it down and made it clear he and Sabrina would never be part of something so stupid, with zero benefits.
ⓘ We at AmoMama do our best to give you the most updated news regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, but the situation is constantly changing. We encourage readers to refer to the online updates from CDС, WHO, or Local Health Departments to stay updated. Take care!