"The Bachelorette" faced another upset when host Chris Harrison had to go into quarantine for the next two weeks. Until his return, JoJo Fletcher will take over his on-air duties.
Little did Chris Harrison know when he posted updates from Texas Christian University earlier this week, that it would result in him spending the next two weeks in quarantine.
The reality show host had ventured out to Texas to drop his son Joshua off at college, and when he returned to California, matters took a sudden turn.
Chris Harrison attends the GOOD+ Foundations Evening of Comedy + Music Benefit on September 12, 2018, in New York City. | Source: Getty Images.
TWO WEEKS WITH JOJO
A source that spoke with Us Weekly said that Harrison was not allowed to return to the set of "The Bachelorette" at the La Quinta Resort & Club in California after he'd been to Texas.
The shows crew and all the contestants underwent 14 days of quarantine on the property before they started filming again.
By leaving the set, Chris risked exposing himself and everyone else to the virus again, but the next step in his son's life had him distracted, as the source added:
"But it didn’t dawn on Chris he’d have to do it all over again if he simply left to take his kid to college.”
THE PROUD FATHER
In the meantime, the 29-year-old former bachelorette will stand in for Harrison, who she assured will be back and ready to resume his duties for the last couple of episodes. The first time he missed a show in eleven years.
It's not surprising that Harrison never considered that he would have to redo his quarantine time. When he dropped Joshua off in Texas, the host said that he didn't feel crushed as he expected to as a dad, but rather a deep sense of "pride and excitement."
THE OTHER UPSET SO FAR
News of Harrison's two-week hiatus came shortly after the show hit an unexpected snag before it could resume filming.
This season's bachelorette, Clare Crawley, fell in love with one of the contestants, Dale Moss offscreen, and the show quickly replaced her with Tayshia Adams. How it will all fit together, fans will have to wait and see.
MANY UPSET OVER THE YEARS
"The Bachelorette" and "The Bachelor" saw to their fair share of controversial moments over the last decade, including the upset that involved one of the least liked bachelors in the show's history, Jason Mesnick.
After he kicked his chosen lady to the curb for the show's runner up, people's dislike of the man just intensified. Leo Dottavio's popularity also sank after he got accused of misconduct.