New internet challenge where teens snort a condom is every parent's worst nightmare

As an old internet challenge regains popularity in social media, parents are closely watching their teenagers in the wake of hundreds of serious accidents from very questionable decisions.

USA Today has reported on the recent boom of a particular internet challenge that is coming back to popularity among teenagers especially after years out of the spotlight in the corners of social media.

The ‘condom snorting challenge’ has become a new reason for concern to the parents of teenagers who seem willing to do whatever it takes to earn some ‘likes’ and increase their online following.

Stephen Enriquez, from San Antonio, Texas, used to teach local parents about drug and alcohol prevention, but he recently set the alarms for the parents about the latest viral challenge craze.

The goal of this challenge is to put an unwrapped condom up one of their nostrils and inhale until it comes out of their mouths. Thousands of teenagers are replicating it day by day without thinking about the possible consequences.

‘Because these days our teens are doing everything for likes, views, and subscribers. As graphic as it is, we have to show parents because teens are going online looking for challenges and recreating them,’ Enriquez told KABB-TV.

This is far from the first time that teens massively go to such extends in their thirst for attention, but as much as they think that this particular challenge is free of risks, it actually can be dangerous.

‘[With the exception of doctor-prescribed nasal sprays] anything else that goes up your nose can damage the sensitive inner lining of your nose, cause an allergic reaction, or result in an infection,’ said professor Bruce Y. Lee in a recent column.

Lee, who teaches International Health at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health added that there is a greater though not as common risk of the condom getting stuck in the nasal cavity or throat, which could end in death by asphyxiation.

Last year, there was a wave of incidents of teenage poisonings originated in the U.S. as a result of what was known as ‘The Tide Pod Challenge,’ which encouraged people to post videos of themselves swallowing a Tide Pod.

Related posts
Kim K. Warns Parents to Monitor What Kids Are Watching as Alleged 'Momo Challenge' Raises Concern
People Mar 01, 2019
Kim K. Warns Parents to Monitor What Kids Are Watching as Alleged 'Momo Challenge' Raises Concern
New hilarious game among pets and owners becomes the internet’s cutest challenge
Feb 08, 2019
New hilarious game among pets and owners becomes the internet’s cutest challenge
Teen who was trying to follow dangerous dance challenge gets life lesson from mother
Feb 08, 2019
Teen who was trying to follow dangerous dance challenge gets life lesson from mother
93-year-old grandfather doing the Kiki-challenge went viral in 2018
Dec 27, 2018
93-year-old grandfather doing the Kiki-challenge went viral in 2018