Source:

Beloved 'Dancing With the Stars' judge makes an announcement about his future that saddens fans

May 11, 2018
09:02 P.M.
Share this pen
FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmail

The 74-year-old judge shared that his days on Dancing With the Stars might be numbered.

Advertisement

Len Goodman recently revealed that his contract on the hit dance competition is ending and there’s a chance the paperwork might not be renewed.

Goodman shared his sentiments in an interview with the Daily Mail. The judge explained he is currently thinking about retiring and is seriously considering it.

In the interview, Goodman suggested that the show might not want him anymore.

He said, "They might have had enough of me. I don't want to retire totally but I'm quite happy doing nothing – reading a book and pottering in the garden."

Advertisement

Goodman previously retired from Strictly Come Dancing aired on BBC in 2016.

During then, he clarified that he was still going to continue his appearances on ABC’s Dancing With the Stars since he had initially signed a two-year contract with the network.

Even though he announced his retirement, Goodman still appeared on the show that year together with his co-judges, Darcey Bussell, Bruno Toniolo and Craig Revel Horwood.

By 2017, he no longer appeared on Strictly Come Dancing. Goodman opened up about it in an interview with Lorraine.

He said that leaving was hard but he had done it for twelve years and Goodman struggled with flying back and forth from America to Europe just to film both shows.

Advertisement

On another note, Goodman recently made a comment regarding Brendan Cole being dropped from Strictly Come Dancing.

Goodman, a professional ballroom dancer, told the Daily Mail that he was to see Cole go and that he did not understand why.

“You can't say he didn't do a great job. He did and there was always a bit of an edge with him: the bad boy of ballroom - he didn't mind answering you back,” he continued.

Advertisement