Famous singer Barry Manilow has had to cancel the opening of his Las Vegas show after being hospitalized. The musician went to the hospital due to a bronchial infection.
His opening show had been sold-out and in a statement, the star shared his disappointment at not being able to perform. According to a Twitter post on his page, he will resume his performances on June 21, 2018.
Barry Manilow, 74, was hospitalized on the eve of his sold-out opening weekend at Westgate Las Vegas. According to his Twitter page, the star said, ‘Our new show is ready, we’re all ready, and we were all looking forward to tonight.’
The singer is being closely monitored by the best doctors. He is expected to make a full recovery and will be released in a few days.
David Siegel, the Westgate Resorts’ Founder and CEO shared a statement of his own. He said, “The entire Westgate family wishes Barry a speedy recovery and we know that he will dazzle audiences when his show resumes on June 21.”
It was reported that full refunds for show tickets or ticket exchanges would be issued.
“I can’t believe this is happening.”
Barry Manilow, Twitter, June 14, 2018
Fans that had his tickets were told that they could attend a Soundtrack performance on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. His fans and followers took to social media to wish the star well and a quick recovery.
It was previously reported that Manilow has looked quite thin in recent months. His friends were said to be concerned about his health and well being.
In February two years ago, the star was rushed to the hospital for surgical complications. Manilow Las Vegas – The Hits Come Home was set to resume on June 21, 22, and 23.
For more on this story go to our Twitter account @amomama_usa.