logo

Chef caught preparing pet food at Indian restaurant

Edduin Carvajal
Sep 04, 2018
06:52 A.M.

An Indian restaurant in Perth, Australia, will have to pay almost $14,000 in fines and court costs after investigators found them processing pet meat in their store.

Advertisement

Kopikaran Krishnasamy is the owner of the restaurant called Café Marica and, as Perth Now reported, officers found him processing the meat at the time of the inspection. Apart from that, he had around 15kg of pet meat stored in clear plastic bags.

Even though there was a “Pet Meat – not for human consumption” sing written on it and that no evidence proves that they used that food for their dishes, Krishnasamy will have to pay anyway.

The reason for this is that handling pet meat, other than the one in enclosed packages, where people prepared food for humans is against the law in Perth.

Source: Freepik

Source: Freepik

Advertisement

THEIR RESPONSE

As a way to respond and defend themselves after the news about them storing pet food was released, Café Marica shared a statement on their Facebook page that was deleted days later.

In it, they admitted that they learned authorities suggested their food was unsafe for human consumption. However, they wanted to assure their customers that the situation had been rectified.

Source: Freepik

Source: Freepik

Advertisement

A FAULTY MEAT SUPPLIER

They added that they changed their meat supplier and that their mistake was trusting them blindly and going ahead with the purchase in February 2018 when there was an inspection.

“Since then we have immediately discontinued purchases from the supplier and have stepped up our hygiene practices,” added Café Marica.

Source: Freepik

Source: Freepik

Advertisement

They finally pointed out that they were grateful because nobody consumed the meat and that the inspection officers helped them “save” their customers from an unpleasant experience.

Something similar happened in a Chipotle restaurant in Powell, Ohio. The Delaware General Health district received more than 500 complaints from customers who got severely sick after eating at the establishment.

Advertisement
info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Advertisement
Related posts

Grocery Store Owner Fires Clerk for Giving Food to Homeless, They Switch Places Months Later — Story of the Day

February 12, 2022

Girl Disappears Day after Grandmother Gifts Her an Extremely Expensive Necklace – Story of the Day

January 31, 2022

Antique Shop Owner Asks Homeless Man Begging for Food Where He Got His Ring – Story of the Day

February 10, 2022

Family-Of-6 Does Not Eat for Days, Desperate Grandma Steals 5 Eggs and Gets Caught by a Cop

April 24, 2022

Woman Confuses Restaurant Owner with Waiter, Treats Him Like Garbage Until She Gets Her Bill — Story of the Day

February 18, 2022

Michael Symon's 23-Year Marriage Is 'A World without Rules' & His Wife Is 'The Most Special Person' to Him

April 17, 2022

Cafe Owner Pretends to Be Homeless to Test His Friends, Everyone Ignored Him except a Poor Man – Story of the Day

February 15, 2022

Little Boy Who Wants to Buy a Toy for His Dying Younger Brother Is Kicked Out of the Store – Story of the Day

March 16, 2022

Poor Boy Pays for Old Lady's Groceries, His Granny Gets $230k to Pay for Treatment Days Later – Story of the Day

February 02, 2022

Two Brothers Come To Get Their Inheritance and Discover It Had Disappeared – Story of the Day

May 18, 2022

Man Lies on the Couch All Day & Berates Wife over Messy House until Their Mute Son Interferes — Story of the Day

April 29, 2022

Woman Follows 5-Year-Old Girl Who Takes Leftovers from Her Grocery Store Every Day — Story of the Day

March 27, 2022

Day by Day Things Went Missing from Busy Man's Home So He Decided to Install Hidden Cameras

February 08, 2022

Homeless Man Raises Little Girl He Found in Dumpster for Years until Her Mother Shows Up – Story of the Day

March 03, 2022