All four living ex-presidents denied President Trump's claim that they support the border wall

The President claimed to have backing for his wall from past presidents. Yet all the living ones shut him down. 

President Donald Trump spoke to the press in the White House Rose Garden on Friday. In discussing the border wall, he made a bold statement about America's ex-presidents. 

He stated: 

"This should have been done by all of the presidents that preceded me, and they all know it. Some of them have told me that we should have done it." 

Follow us on Twitter for more @amomama

However, three living former presidents' spokespersons immediately came forward to deny the assertion. The fourth and most current has a track record of being against the wall. 

Former President Jimmy Carter denied the claim via his Twitter account. He wrote: 

"I have not discussed the border wall with President Trump, and do not support him on the issue." 

Trump currently has the government under a shutdown. He is awaiting Democratic financing of $5.7 billion to go towards building the wall.

Political reported that former President Bill Clinton and George W Bush both addressed the matter through their spokespeople. The two both stated that they had not discussed the matter with President Trump.

Freddy Ford denied the conversations on behalf of Bush, while Angel Urena spoke for Clinton.

Urena said: 

"He has not [told Trump the government should build a wall]. In fact, they've not talked since the inauguration."

Meanwhile, the last former President, Barack Obama, recently spoke on the issue. This followed ongoing opposition to the border wall proposal. 

In September, Obama said: 

"We can't just put walls up all around America. Walls don't keep out threats like terrorism or disease - and that's why we propose leading our alliances and helping other countries develop, and pushing back against tyrants." 

And back in 2016, Obama called the border wall idea "impractical." He added at the time: "Good luck with that." 

On Wednesday, January 9, Trump is set to appeal to citizens from the Oval Office. He will reach out in a television broadcast. 

The White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee said that Trump plans to go to the border on Thursday. He will "meet with those on the front lines of the national security and humanitarian crisis," said Huckabee. 

The reported crisis has sparked a 17-day shutdown so far. Yet Trump does not appear to be backing down in his determination to build the wall. 

He continues to hit back at those opposing his stance. Most recently, he condemned a speech from Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib.

She cursed during a discussion about impeaching Trump. When White House chief Mick Mulvaney of staff went on CNN to talk about the situation, he got laughed at in return.

CNN host Jake Tapper barely held back laughter when Mulvaney said "nobody blames the president" for debasing politics.

On the contrary, much of the public points to Donald Trump as a less than respectable president compared to his predecessors.

Related posts
News Feb 16, 2019
California threatens to sue President Trump over national emergency declaration
Jan 25, 2019
Obama blasts President Trump for using military troops at the border
Jan 11, 2019
Here is what it means if Donald Trump declares national emergency to construct a border wall