logo

MAGA Hat-Wearing Catholic Student about to Sue CNN for $250M over ‘Vicious’ Attacks

Rodolfo Vieira
Mar 11, 2019
03:33 P.M.
Share this pen
FacebookFacebookTwitterTwitterLinkedInLinkedInEmailEmail

Nicholas Sandmann, the youngster involved in the controversy regarding the MAGA hat that he was wearing and Native American Nathan Phillips, will be suing CNN.

Advertisement

The announcement was made by his lawyer, L. Lin Wood, during an interview on Fox News Channel's "Life, Liberty & Levin" with host Mark Levin.

It has been reported that the Covington Catholic High School student will be seeking over $250 million due to the network's "vicious" and "direct" attacks.

Nicholas Sandmann during an interview with Fox News | Photo: The DC Shorts

Nicholas Sandmann during an interview with Fox News | Photo: The DC Shorts

Advertisement

According to Wood, the lawsuit will be even more severe than the one filed against The Washington Post, because CNN really went as far as making him a part of a mob that was supposedly attacking the Black Hebrew Israelites group.

Nicholas Sandmann standing in front of Nathan Phillips in Washington D.C. | Photo: Linwood Pc

Nicholas Sandmann standing in front of Nathan Phillips in Washington D.C. | Photo: Linwood Pc

Advertisement

“Now you say you've seen the tape; if you took the time to look at the full context of what happened that day, Nicholas Sandmann did absolutely nothing wrong. He was, as I've said to others, he was the only adult in the room."

L. Lin Wood, Fox News, March 10, 2019

L.Lin Wood and Mark Levi during "Life, Liberty & Levin" | Photo: Fox News

L.Lin Wood and Mark Levi during "Life, Liberty & Levin" | Photo: Fox News

Advertisement

The lawyer claimed that CNN couldn't resist the fact that there was a young boy wearing a MAGA hat on the news and didn't even bother taking an hour to research the story before bashing him.

Wood argued that the network continued its vicious attacks for at least two days and that some of its professionals were "online on Twitter at 7 a.m. retweeting the little one-minute propaganda piece" they had created.

Advertisement

THE NEW LAWSUIT AND THE POST'S EDITOR'S NOTE

Sandmann's lawsuit against CNN is expected to be issued this Monday or Tuesday, as Wood shared with Levin, and that it is bound to be more punitive towards the network than it was against The Post.

The newspaper was sued last month in $250 million over its wrong coverage of the confrontation in front of the Lincoln Memorial, which resulted in reputational damage sustained by Sandmann.

The Post reportedly issued an editor's note later on admitting the error and claiming that subsequent information did not confirm the one in the original article, but that was simply not enough for Sandmann's legal team.

Advertisement
info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Advertisement
Related posts

Todd Chrisley Decided to Never Reconcile with Daughter Who Has Not Talked to the Family in a Long Time

March 19, 2022

Tiger Woods' Ex-wife Chased Him with Golf Club after Texting His Mistress from His Phone on Thanksgiving

April 21, 2022

Man Tricks Twin Sister by Secretly Selling Inheritance for Millions

February 24, 2022

Poor Girl Says Old School Teacher Is ‘Horrible,' Secretly Records Him to Have Him Fired

April 16, 2022