Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos' Marriage Facts You Probably Didn't Know
Power couple Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos have one of the world’s most interesting marriages.
Here are facts about their marriage that you seemingly didn’t know:
1. Ripa and Consuelos become co-stars. The couple met in 1995 at the set of the TV series "All My Children," where they co-starred. Consuelos was given a role as Ripa's love interest, sparking instant chemistry between them.
2. They elope in Sin City. After a year of dating, Consuelos, who used to be a stripper, proposed to Ripa and they eloped in Vegas on May 1, 1996. They have since welcomed three children together — Michael Joseph, Lola Grace, and Joaquin Antonio.
3. After ten years, Consuelos puts a ring on it. When Ripa and Consuelos tied the knot, the couple never exchanged rings, so they made a decision to shop for jewelry in celebration of their tenth anniversary.
4. The beloved pair become business partners. In 2007, Ripa and Consuelos launched their own production company, Milojo.
5. During the week, they didn't let Michael, Lola, and Joaquin watch TV. In an interview with Vanity Fair, Ripa said:
"We are kind of strict. We are a little bit old-school that way. There is only one computer in the entire house for the family to share. The computer is just for homework."
"They are allowed to TiVo but watch TV only on the weekends. TV during the week interferes with schoolwork. There is too much of that 'Let me hurry through, slop this out on the page so I can go watch some television.'"
6. Ripa and Consuelos have absolutely opposite sleep habits. While Consuelos usually took an impromptu sleep, like while driving, and at awards shows, Ripa has admitted that "Five hours of sleep a night is where I am."
7. The couple once battled divorce rumors. They first faced tabloid rumors that their marriage is falling apart in 2007 when the National Enquirer reported that they were fighting over Consuelos' alleged spending habits and flirtations with Nadine Velazquez, Consuelos' "Husbands for Hire" co-star.
Ultimately, the couple got the last laugh because decades later, they're still going strong.