Sharon Murphy Is the Only Living Member of Brittany Murphy's Family — What Is Known about Her
Brittany Murphy’s death was so unexpected that it led to several theories. Even her mother, Sharon Murphy, had to defend herself against poisoning allegations.
Born in November 1977, Brittany was a talented actress best known as Tai Frasier in “Clueless” and Alex Latourno in “8 Mile.” Unfortunately, her career was cut short on December 20, 2009.
Sources reported that she collapsed in her West Hollywood house and was then taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center,where she was declared dead shortly after.
BRITTANY DIED FROM PNEUMONIA
Further investigations proved she had pneumonia, but anemia and prescription drugs also played a role in her passing. Years before, Brittany began losing weight, and rumors started circulating about a possible eating disorder.
She denied them in 2004, adding that she didn’t do drugs and only drank champagne occasionally. Since Brittany was only 32 years old when she died, people couldn’t understand how such a young woman could have died of natural causes.
Things became even more mysterious on May 23, 2010, when Brittany Murphy’s husband, Simon Monjack, passed away. Just like Brittany, Monjack’s death was attributed to pneumonia and anemia.
It is important to point out that Brittany, her mother, Sharon Murphy, and Monjack traveled to San Juan, Puerto Rico in November 2009 because the actress needed to film a movie.
Unfortunately, she was fired the first day, but instead of returning to Los Angeles, they stayed on the island. Both Sharon and Monjack contracted Staphylococcus, and Monjack even had a “mild heart attack” on the flight back home.
Brittany later caught the bacteria. She dealt with a severe case of laryngitis and anemia but didn’t go to the doctor thinking she could overcome the illness independently. When Brittany finally made a medical appointment, she died.
POSSIBLE FOUL PLAY
Almost four years after her passing, Brittany’s dad, Angelo Bertolotti, admitted he believed his daughter had been poisoned. He ordered a toxicology report which showed that samples of her hair tested positive for ten heavy metals.
According to the lab that conducted the test, a possible explanation is that Brittany was exposed to those toxins after a “third-party perpetrator with likely criminal intent” administered them.
Bertolotti accused Brittany Murphy’s mother of selling some of her personal belongings.
Bertolotti eventually requested another autopsy, but Brittany Murphy’s mom didn’t allow it. In August 2010, several sources reported that Sharon Murphy and Simon Monjack “shared a bed.”
However, Sharon explained a mistake in the police report led to such statements as the coroner’s officials misheard or misquoted what she said.
SHARON MURPHY’S DEFENSE
Following Bertolotti’s 2013 claims that his daughter was poisoned, Sharon wrote a letter for The Hollywood Reporter defending herself and remarking that her daughter was not murdered. She wrote:
“His claims are based on the most flimsy of evidence and are more of an insult than an insight into what really happened.”
Sharon Murphy added that the lab Bertolotti used was actually an internet site that wrote “horribly untrue things,” including that rat poison was a possible cause of her daughter’s death.
She revealed the coroner did various blood tests and other analyses when Brittany died, and they didn’t show similar results. Sharon also explained Bertolotti didn’t raise Brittany and said all his claims were lies.
In January 2019, Angelo Bertolotti passed away after being on life support due to a “long health battle.” Sharon Murphy, on the other hand, is living a private life ever since her daughter died.
ⓘ The information in this article is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, and images contained on, or available through this NEWS.AMOMAMA.COM is for general information purposes only. NEWS.AMOMAMA.COM does not take responsibility for any action taken as a result of reading this article. Before undertaking any course of treatment please consult with your healthcare provider.