logo
Getty Images
Getty Images

Bill Cosby Needs to Meet More Requirements to Reach Parole

Gracious Egedegbe
By Gracious Egedegbe
May 28, 2021
10:00 A.M.

Updates on the sentence of comedian Bill Cosby showed that he had been denied parole due to his failure to meet some requirements that would make him eligible.

Advertisement

The Pennsylvania Parole Board has denied star comedian Bill Cosby the possibility of parole because he was said to have garnered negative reports from the Department of Corrections.

Cosby, 83, was also said to have failed to meet the need to take treatments and courses from the Sexual Offenders and Violence Prevention program.

Bill Cosby filming an opening sequence in New York in 1990. | Photo: Getty Images

Bill Cosby filming an opening sequence in New York in 1990. | Photo: Getty Images

A letter obtained from the board stated that Cosby's eligibility for parole depended on him taking the required classes. However, the veteran TV star has refused to enroll in the correctional courses program. This is so because he continues to hold on to his claims of innocence.

Advertisement

His spokesperson, Andrew Wyatt, relayed that the star was not surprised by the outcome of the parole board. He added that Cosby's family was also not surprised as they continue to show him support.

Actor/stand-up comedian Bill Cosby at the Montgomery County Courthouse for the fifth day of his retrial for sexual assault charges on April 13, 2018. | Photo: Getty Images

Actor/stand-up comedian Bill Cosby at the Montgomery County Courthouse for the fifth day of his retrial for sexual assault charges on April 13, 2018. | Photo: Getty Images

In 2018, the "The Cosby Show" star was sentenced to 3 to 10 years in jail. This was the verdict passed as he was found guilty of drugging and sexually assaulting a staff member of Temple University at home. The incident was said to have happened in 2004.

However, his 2018 trial culminated into a sentence as he was charged with aggravated indecent assault.

Advertisement

Wyatt added in retrospect that Cosby has continued to keep his hopes up concerning the decision of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court about vacating his conviction and allow him to have a new trial.

Since 2019, there has been a back and forth on Cosby's case. Last year, the supreme court accepted his appeal, and in December, there was a virtual hearing concerning the status of the fairness of his conviction.

Advertisement

In 2020, the court agreed to review two aspects of Cosby's case. The first was centered on the judge's acceptance of five other accusers who came forward to testify against the comedian.

According to his lawyers, the testimony was remote and unreliable. The review also addressed the scope of the testimony that allowed evidence of Cosby giving the victims quaaludes.

Advertisement

Cosby, whose career spanned more than five decades, has been accused of sexual assault several times in the past. However, his 2018 trial culminated into a sentence as he was charged with aggravated indecent assault.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Related posts

Texas Jury Reaches Verdict in Karmelo Anthony Case After 3 Hours — His Mother Pleads for Mercy

June 09, 2026

AI Reveals What Katie Piper Would Look Like at 42 If the Acid Attack Had Never Happened — 4 Stunning Photos

April 29, 2026

FedEx Driver Who Took 7-Year-Old Girl's Life Learns His Fate in Court, Responds with Single Word

May 05, 2026

Karmelo Anthony Remains Emotionless as Verdict Is Read While Family Breaks Down — Details

June 10, 2026

FedEx Driver's Disturbing Past Revealed in Court – What His Mother Testified

April 23, 2026

Anna Kepner Case: Father Calls for Arrest After Stepbrother Charged as Adult, Released Pretrial

April 15, 2026

Karmelo Anthony's Grandmother Ignites Reactions Over Hand Symbols

June 11, 2026

Legal Proceedings Continue as Court Hears Emotional Evidence in Athena Strand Case

April 17, 2026

Karmelo Anthony's Parents Speak Out on Legal Battle After Verdict, Revealing What Their Family Faces Daily

June 11, 2026

Track Star's Legal Battle: Court Documents Expose Shocking Timeline – Photos

June 10, 2026

Family Fundraiser for Assistance Vanishes as Karmelo Anthony Files Notice of Appeal Without Attorney

June 12, 2026