Source: twitter.com/bbcmtd

E-Scooter Rider Dies in Hospital 6 Days after Car Collision That Also Injured His Girlfriend

Gaone Pule
Jun 26, 2021
07:00 P.M.
Share this pen

Shakur Pinnock, an e-scooter rider, recently died while in hospital just days following a vehicle collision that also left his girlfriend with severe injuries.


E-Scooter rider Shakur Pinnock died in hospital six days after a car collision that also injured his girlfriend, Chante Hoosang. Pinnock spent a week on a life support machine at Birmingham’s Queen Elizabeth Hospital before he passed away.

The crash involved a Volkswagen Golf in Prestwood Road, Wolverhampton, on Saturday, June 12. Pinnock sustained multiple serious injuries, including a fractured skull, two severed arteries, a broken jaw, and punctured lungs.

Pictured - A photo of a crime scene do not cross signage | Source: Pexels


The 20-year-old was airlifted to the hospital where his partner, a passenger on the scooter, was pictured holding his hand as he lay in another hospital bed.

Pinnock's mother, Celine Fraser-Pinnock, shared a heart-wrenching Facebook post that he tragically died in hospital at 3:48 pm on Saturday.


She wrote: "I miss you so much, my beautiful, gorgeous baby. He succumbed to his injuries and passed away at 3:48 pm today." The 56-year-old previously said the medical staff had talked about turning off her son's life support.

Celine shared she begged them to keep the machines on to give her child more time to heal. His partner, Hoosang, 19, was taken to see him in her hospital bed on Tuesday, June 15, so she could hold his hand.


Since Pinnock’s death, the police have renewed their appeal for information as the VW Golf driver involved remained at the scene and was not arrested and was also helping in the investigation.

Det Sgt Paul Hughes from the West Midlands Police serious collision investigation unit said officers are continuing to try and "establish what happened" and wanted to speak to witnesses who had not yet come forward.

Pictured - An image of a green vehicle with a broken windscreen | Source: Pexels


At the beginning of this year, an 80-year-old man was involved in a hit-and-run accident and was left for dead. The incident occurred on January 30 in Arlington.

At the time, the police appealed to the public to help locate the person of interest in connection to the incident. An individual who drove by saw a man lying on the ground. The victim was identified as Roy Smith, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner.

Pictured - An aerial view of parked vehicles in a parking lot | Source: Pexles


A similar incident occurred in February in Idaho whereby another older man was run down in the Post Falls Walmart parking lot. At the time, the Idaho State Police urged anyone who witnessed the accident to come forward.

The driver, identified as Jeremy S. Riggs of Post Falls, struck 73-year-old David Mallery, who was walking out of the Walmart store. Mallery succumbed to his injuries and died at the scene.


news.AmoMama.com does not support or promote any kind of violence, self-harm, or abusive behavior. We raise awareness about these issues to help potential victims seek professional counseling and prevent anyone from getting hurt. news.AmoMama.com speaks out against the above mentioned and news.AmoMama.com advocates for a healthy discussion about the instances of violence, abuse, sexual misconduct, animal cruelty, abuse etc. that benefits the victims. We also encourage everyone to report any crime incident they witness as soon as possible.