A new update on the plans of Prince Harry to release a tell-all memoir showed that he had not sought permission from the Queen before proceeding.
Prince Harry has once again gone under scrutiny for his action concerning penning a tell-all memoir. The Duke of Sussex was said not to have gotten the Queen's permission.
A spokesperson shared that Harry would not have expected to receive permission from Buckingham Palace, but reports showed that he did give the royal family a heads-up.
Prince Harry visited the Help for Heroes Hidden Wounds Service on January 23, 2016 in Tidworth, England | Photo: Getty Images
HARRY WRITES A MEMOIR
In his address concerning the new memoir, the Duke of Sussex made it known that he was writing in the perspective of the man that he has become and not as a prince.
Prince Harry relayed that he has "worn many hats, both literally and figuratively," and his initiative in writing his story was to open up about highs and lows, mistakes, and the lessons gleaned through the years.
Describing his memoir as something "accurate and wholly truthful," the duke noted that he was deeply grateful to be able to share what he had learned over time.
The book would be a look through his childhood in the spotlight, his military life, time in Afghanistan, and his transition into marriage and fatherhood. The proceeds from the book would go into charity.
THE OPRAH INTERVIEW
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were earlier mixed up in an uproar following their bombshell interview with TV magnate Oprah Winfrey. During the interview, the duchess, Meghan Markle, claimed to have been "silenced" by the monarchy.
In the now Emmy-nominated interview, the former actress stated that she had a mental health crisis and was denied help. She added that during her pregnancy, a member of the royal family had shown concerns about her son's skin color.
Buckingham Palace's response to the interview was a 61-word address sharing that the Queen expressed sadness on hearing what the couple said they endured.
The statement relayed that Harry and his family were much loved, adding that the accounts of the happening may vary across Harry and Markle's claims and those of the other royal members.
ROYAL INSIDERS ON HARRY'S BOOK
Royal expert and broadcaster Dan Wootton shared that Harry's new book might just be "the final nail in the coffin of the relationship between him and his family." Insiders shared that there was a "growing sense of shock and fury."
One royal insider shared that Harry's father, Prince Charles, feels let down by his decision to write a memoir. The insider stated that Charles' relationship with Harry used to be cordial.
Another individual also opened up on the possible effect of the book on Harry's relationship with Prince William. The insider felt like it was the end of any possible reconciliation between the brothers.
A source relayed that another worrisome development was the fact that the stated release time, which had been scheduled for 2022, might overshadow some royal milestones, including the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.
PUBLIC REACTIONS TO HARRY'S NEWS
Longtime royal critic Piers Morgan has weighed in on the situation, ocne again clamping down on Prince Harry and referring to him as "Prince Privacy." Morgan accused Harry of "thrashing his family all [expletive] year."
Morgan relayed that Harry has adopted a strategy of "always complaining." He referred to Harry's memoir news as sad and "totally unnecessary." He shared that the book would only cause more pain for the Queen.
Speaking on Harry's statement, Morgan shared that it was not the first time the 36-year-old would be talking about his lessons and experiences. Morgan claimed it was all "he ever does."