logo
facebook.com/decaturtxfd | youtube.com/Good Morning America
facebook.com/decaturtxfd | youtube.com/Good Morning America

2-Year-Old Boy Saves Family of 7 from a Deadly House Fire

Brittany Chalmers
Feb 15, 2022
09:40 P.M.

One family narrowly escaped the devastating flames when their house caught on fire. After the ordeal, they shared how the youngest member of their family saved their lives.

Advertisement

Last month a family was sleeping soundly as a fire started in their Alvord, Texas home. Nathan and Kayla Dahl were recovering from Covid-19 and could not smell the smoke in their house. They were inside with their five kids.

In the early morning hours, flames engulfed most of their home, and the Dahl family might not have survived the incident if two-year-old Brandon did not come to their rescue.

The Dahl family home engulfed in flames [left] All that remains of the Dahls' house [right] | Photo: facebook.com/decaturtxfd  youtube.com/Good Morning America

The Dahl family home engulfed in flames [left] All that remains of the Dahls' house [right] | Photo: facebook.com/decaturtxfd youtube.com/Good Morning America

THEIR SAFETY MEASURES FAILED

As a volunteer firefighter, Nathan had trained his kids for a fire-related emergency. Still, because of his covid diagnosis, he was unaware of the looming danger just outside his door. He stated: "We had a plan. We've had a plan."

Advertisement

The family also had newly installed smoke detectors that did not alert the family. Thankfully, baby Brandon realized something was wrong.

Toddler Brandon who warned his family when their house was on fire | Photo: youtube/Good Morning America

Toddler Brandon who warned his family when their house was on fire | Photo: youtube/Good Morning America

TWO LIFE-SAVING WORDS

The youngster, who was still learning to talk, made his way through a burning room to get to his parents, where he spoke two life-saving words. Brandon said: "Momma, hot!"

Kayla could not believe her eyes when she woke up and saw the smoke and the fire. She expressed: "I just saw the flames coming out of the living room and into our bedroom."

Nathan and Kayla Dahl speak about their toddler who saved their lives | Photo: youtube/WFAA

Nathan and Kayla Dahl speak about their toddler who saved their lives | Photo: youtube/WFAA

Advertisement

THE HOUSE WAS GONE

Nathan also added that it was a miracle they all made it out because they had mere seconds before something tragic was bound to happen. After seeing the flames' height, he knew their house was already gone.

The Dahl family lost everything and was overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of their community members. Many people donated clothing, furniture, and toys. They also received thousands of dollars via a GoFundMe page.

The Dahl family home completely destroyed after the fire | Photo: youtube/Good Morning America

The Dahl family home completely destroyed after the fire | Photo: youtube/Good Morning America

THEIR MINI HERO

The family is focused on rebuilding their lives one day at a time, and while they have lost a lot, they are aware of how lucky they were to survive with their lives.

Advertisement

The Dahls were immeasurably grateful to their brave son and in awe that none of them suffered any burns or serious injuries. Kayla expressed: "He saved our entire family. I mean, he's our little mini hero."

The Dahl family | Photo: youtube/Good Morning America

The Dahl family | Photo: youtube/Good Morning America

STILL IN DISBELIEF

Kayla revealed that she still cannot believe her toddler managed to get to their room and wake her. She attributed the miracle to God and expressed: "We're honestly just chalking it up to the fact that God said, 'I'm not done with y'all.'"

Along with the rest of her family, she has a new view of just how precious life is. They will never forget the life-changing incident and what it taught them—to value the things and people that matter the most.

Advertisement

ANOTHER CHILD SAVES THE DAY

Children are often most vulnerable in emergencies, but sometimes they manage to save the day, just like baby Brandon. In October last year, a nine-year-old girl saved her family by calling 911.

Jayline Barbosa Brandao used her father's face to unlock his phone before dialing the emergency number. A generator that they brought into their home emitted high levels of carbon monoxide and left her parents in a near-fatal condition.

Thanks to her actions, emergency responders made it to their house and saved her parents. Brandao was an unlikely hero, just like Brandon, and both kids can be proud of themselves for their quick thinking and attentiveness.

Advertisement
info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Advertisement
info

The information in this article is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, and images contained on news.AmoMama.com, or available through news.AmoMama.com is for general information purposes only. news.AmoMama.com does not take responsibility for any action taken as a result of reading this article. Before undertaking any course of treatment please consult with your healthcare provider.

info

We at news.AmoMama.com do our best to give you the most updated news regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, but the situation is constantly changing. We encourage readers to refer to the online updates from CDС, WHO, or Local Health Departments to stay updated.Take care!

Related posts

Dad of 8 Found Dead at Home Holding Bodies of His 2 Sons

January 26, 2024

After Estranged Mother’s Death, Siblings Find Dusty Old Box in Parents’ Closet – Story of the Day

March 11, 2024

Boy, 6, Shields His 3-Year-Old Brother in Attempt to Save Him, But Tragically Both Die Later Side by Side

April 25, 2024

8-Year-Old Girl Found Dead after Mom's Frantic Search throughout the Hotel – The Circumstances Are Heartbreaking

March 29, 2024

14-Month-Old Toddler Tragically Drowns in the Pool - 1 Year Later His Parents Hear His Heartbeat Again

February 12, 2024

Young Couple Think They Bought Cheap Old House until They Enter Its Basement – Story of the Day

May 01, 2024

Old Lady Thinks Her Husband Died in Fire, Years Later She Accidentally Sees Him with Young Woman — Story of the Day

May 12, 2024

My MIL Would Secretly Give Me Porcelain Dolls Every Christmas — I Was Shocked to Find Out Their True Purpose

May 02, 2024

My MIL Would Secretly Give Me Porcelain Dolls Every Christmas — I Was Shocked to Find Out Their True Purpose

April 04, 2024

I’m Raising My Sister’s Kid, but My Parents Still Hate Me – Story of the Day

May 07, 2024

Woman Demands Husband to Get His Stuff Out after Supporting Him for 23 Years — Story of the Day

March 26, 2024

My Husband Cheated on Me With Secretary, Then Karma Crushed Him Back – Story of the Day

February 22, 2024

UFC Legend Mark Coleman Hospitalized after Saving His Parents from House Fire

March 13, 2024

Woman Adopts Her Husband's Late Ex-wife's Baby to Keep Him from Foster Care, Gets Criticised: "Poor Baby"

February 02, 2024