Prince Charles Gets Positive Result after Coronavirus Test
The coronavirus truly isn’t picky about who infects and the Royal Family are no exception. According to “The Guardian,” Clarence House revealed that Prince Charles had tested positive for the coronavirus.
The Prince of Wales, 71, was said to be displaying mild symptoms of COVID-19 “but otherwise remains in good health.” A spokesman for Clarence House also explained that Duchess Camilla, 72, had also been tested but was found to be negative.
As per Government and medical advice, the royal couple is now self-isolating at home in Scotland. The Cornwall’s were tested by NHS in Aberdeenshire.
Where Charles could've caught the virus
They underwent testing after it was found that they both met the criteria required for testing. Unfortunately, it was possible for medical professionals to figure out where Charles caught the virus.
In recent weeks, he’s carried out a vast number of engagements in public. In the last two weeks, the Duke has given a speech at a dinner in aid of the Australian bushfires.
View this post on Instagram
🚌🚦All aboard! The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall helped celebrate the 20th anniversary of @transportforlondon today with a ride on a new fully electric London bus. Their Royal Highnesses travelled from Clarence House to the London Transport Museum in Covent Garden. Set up in 2000 to bring London’s transport network together under one integrated body, TfL helps tourists and Londoners get around the city safely, by bus, tube and train. Their motto is ‘Keeping London moving’! 🏃
How long is the incubation period
He also spoke at his own Prince's Trust award in London. In an effort to keep from infecting other people, the Prince "has been working at home throughout the last few days."
The World Health Organization (WHO) says the incubation period for the coronavirus can be as long as 14 days. However, in some cases, it is generally about 5 or 6 days.
View this post on Instagram
“I wanted to offer my heartfelt congratulations on this occasion to all of those astonishing young people who have been recognised today at these Prince’s Trust and T.K. Maxx and Homesense Awards. They have all, as you have seen, shown tremendous courage and determination to make positive changes in their lives and are a real inspiration to us all.” . Today, The Prince of Wales attended the annual @PrincesTrust Awards in London, which recognise young people who have overcome issues and made a success of their lives with the help of the charity. Prior to the ceremony The Prince, President of The Prince’s Trust, met charity ambassadors and award hosts @antanddec and performer @craigdavid. Follow @PrincesTrust to see more!
Prince Albert is positive for COVID-19
At the moment, it isn’t yet clear when Prince Charles first started displaying symptoms. Charles met up with Prince Albert, Monaco's head of state, nine days before Albert revealed he had the virus.
The Duke of Cornwall and Albert met on March 10, 2020, at a WaterAid event in London. At the event, Charles gave a speech.
View this post on Instagram
Tonight, The Prince of Wales attended a dinner in aid of the Australian bushfire relief and recovery effort, hosted by The Lord Mayor of the City of London. The Prince was devastated to hear of the bushfires, which began in September and caused the deaths of over 30 people, millions of wildlife and burned more than 12.6 million hectares of land. Tonight’s event is a partnership between the City of London Corporation and the Australian High Commission, with proceeds from the evening going to charities helping on the ground in Australia including @RedCrossAU. The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall are deeply committed to the Australian people and in a message of support recorded earlier this year, The Prince spoke of the “incredibly special and resilient” nation. Their Royal Highnesses have visited Australia many times, most recently in 2018. During his speech, The Prince also said: “At the very worst of times, we saw the very best of Australia – and knowing the Aussies, as I do after fifty-four years, that makes me very proud.” Follow the link in our bio to read The Prince of Wales’s speech from tonight in full. 🇦🇺
Charles is a high-profile COVID-19 patient
His COVID-19 diagnosis makes him the most high-profile patient in the UK. Other celebrities have also come out to reveal their own positive diagnosis for the coronavirus.
Colton and Andy test positive
“The Bachelor” star Colton Underwood, 28, and “Watch What Happens Live” host Andy Cohen, are two people who’ve tested positive. Cohen got his test results on Friday after self-quarantining for a few days.
Prince Charles’s office says: “It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”— Chris Ship (@chrisshipitv) March 25, 2020
Tom Hanks’ diagnosis
Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson have also contracted the virus. They’re both in Australia where they are now out of hospital and self-isolating at a rented home.
Olga Kurylenko, the star of 2008’s James Bond film “Quantum of Solace,” Idris Elba, and his wife Sabrina Dhowre have also gotten positive tests.
ⓘ We at AmoMama do our best to give you the most updated news regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, but the situation is constantly changing. We encourage readers to refer to the online updates from CDС, WHO, or Local Health Departments to stay updated. Take care!