- Who is Alicia Keys?
- Early life
- Personal life
|Full Name:||Alicia Augello Cook|
|Date of Birth:||January 25, 1981|
|Place Of Birth:||New York, USA|
|Age:||37 years old|
|Professions:||Singer, songwriter, actress, and musician|
|Famous As:||Musician and actress|
|Net Worth:||$70 million|
|Spouse:||Swizz Beatz (m. 2010)|
|Social Media:||Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, IMDb, Official Website, Wikipedia, Youtube|
Who is Alicia Keys?
A multiple Grammy Award-winner, Alicia Keys is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, pianist, and actress. She has had many hit albums including "Girl on Fire," which was named Best R&B Album.
Alicia Keys was born on January 25, 1981, in Manhattan, New York City, to Teresa Augello and Craig Cook. She was given the name Alicia Augello-Cook at birth. She comes from a melting pot of cultures. Her’ father is African-American while her mother has Italian, Scottish, and Irish descent.
When she was two years old, her parents separated. Her mother then raised her, and they lived in Manhattan. She has two younger half-brothers.
At the age of 12, Alicia Keys enrolled at the Professional Performing Arts School and graduated as valedictorian at the age of 16.
Keys started writing songs at the age of 14 and in 1998 she signed with Arista Records. A year later she left Arista and joined J Records.
In 2001, Keys released her debut album, "Songs in A Minor." She earned five Grammy Awards in 2002 for the record and sold over 12 million copies worldwide.
She followed the success of her first album with the release of her second album, "The Diary of Alicia Keys," in 2003. The album hit number one on the Billboard 200.
Throughout her career, Keys has gone from success to success. She has won 15 Grammy Awards and 17 NAACP Image Awards. Keys has sold 35 million albums and 30 million singles worldwide.
Besides her musical success, she has also dabbled in acting with her film debut in "Smokin’ Aces." She then appeared in "The Nanny Diaries," and "The Secret Life of Bees." Since 2011, Keys has appeared in the TV series "The Voice" where she works as a coach.
Until 2008, Keys had a relationship with her friend and collaborator, Kerry Brothers Jr. She kept a low profile relationship.
Keys went on to date Swizz Beatz (Kasseem Dean) who she had known from her teenage years. In May 2010, they got engaged.and welcomed their first child, who was born in October that year.
Keys and Swizz Beatz tied the knot on July 31, 2010, with a private ceremony near the Mediterranean Sea. Four years later they would have another son together. Their sons are named, Egypt Daoud Dean and Genesis Ali Dean.
- The Secret Life of Bees (2008)
- Smokin' Aces (2006)
- Quantum of Solace (2008)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)
- Songs in A Minor (2001)
- The Diary of Alicia Keys (2003)
- As I Am (2007)
- The Element of Freedom (2009)
- Girl on Fire (2012)
- Here (2016)
- VMA - Best New Artist in a Video for Alicia Keys: Fallin' (2001)
- Grammy - Best New Artist Song of the Year for the song "Fallin'"
- VMA - Best R&B Video for Alicia Keys: If I Ain't Got You (2004)
- Grammy - Best R&B Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group for the song "My Boo"
- Best R&B Song
- Kanye West (Songwriter) for the song "You Don't Know My Name"
- Best R&B Album for the album "The Diary of Alicia Keys"
- Best R&B Vocal Performance - Female for the song "If I Ain't Got You"
- Hollywood Film Award - Ensemble Acting of the Year in "The Secret Life of Bees" (2008)
- BET Award - Humanitarian Award
- Grammy - Best Female R&B Vocal Performance for the song "Superwoman"
- Grammy - Best Rap/Sung Collaboration for the song "Empire State of Mind"
- Grammy - Best R&B Album for the album "Girl On Fire"
- Image Award - Outstanding Song for the Song: "We Are Here"
“If I want to be alone, some place I can write, I can read, I can pray, I can cry, I can do whatever I want - I go to the bathroom.” ~ Alicia Keys
- She was accepted by Columbia University at age 16 but dropped out to pursue her music career
- She was named one of "People" magazine's "Breakthrough Stars of 2001"
- She was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by "People" magazine in 2002
- She appeared on the covers of "Vibe," "Vanity Fair," "Seventeen," and "Teen" magazines.
- She began to play the piano at age seven
- She lives in New York City
- She was the first artist to sign with J Records
- She wrote her first song at the age of 14