Here's how to make caramel from sweetened condensed milk
Watch how simple it is to make a homemade caramel from a can of condensed milk.
With regards to cooking desserts, caramel is a staple. You can purchase it in store, but you can also make your own at home, particularly in the event that you want to avoid all those artificial ingredients.
In the recipe below, which is authored by Holly N., sweetened condensed milk is cooked until the point when it makes a creamy caramel sauce.
Follow us on our Twitter account, @amomama_usa, to learn more.
SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK CARAMEL
- One can of sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pour one can of sweetened condensed milk into a casserole dish or pie plate. Cover with foil.
- Place in a larger pan and fill to 3/4" with water. (Fill water as needed while baking)
- Bake 60-90 minutes or until condensed milk has reached a golden brown color.
- Cool completely.
If your caramel forms a thin crust on top, you can either just use the caramel underneath or blend using an immersion blender for a minute to mix it in.
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Calories: 158, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 16mg, Sodium: 62mg, Potassium: 183mg, Carbohydrates: 26g, Sugar: 26g, Protein: 3g, Vitamin A: 2.6%, Vitamin C: 1.6%, Calcium: 14.1%, Iron: 0.5%
Watch the clip below for a quick tutorial on turning a can of sweetened condensed milk into caramel.