logo

Top Reasons Why the Maternal Grandmother Is so Incredibly Important to a Child

Pedro Marrero
Dec 21, 2018
06:32 A.M.

There is a special connection between the maternal grandmother and her grandchildren, but we all kind of knew about it.

This figure is very important in the life of a child for various reasons, not just the emotional aspect. Many people are not related to their grandparents, do not live with them or barely know them. Even so, grandchildren and grandmothers are united for life.

According to experts, there is something special we get from our maternal grandmothers apart from their love and affection. Follow us on Twitter @amomama_usa to learn more.

From the genetic point of view, it is also very important. This woman really is doubly mother, especially if her offspring are female. The woman is born with her ovules completely developed, that is to say, that her possible grandchildren were also inside her.

Source: Pixabay

Source: Pixabay

In matters of genes, the generations do not seem to follow immediately but skip some. Therefore, it is possible that certain children tend to look more like a great uncle or great-grandfather than their own parents.

But not only are physical characteristics inherited. Apparently, the emotional experiences of the maternal grandmother can also be inherited.

Maybe we do not know what we inherited from our grandmothers, but their presence in our lives is very valuable from all points of view.

Source: Pixabay

Source: Pixabay

The oocyte from which your child was born has the genetic load of your mother. All your children will have the same genetic material inescapably. That is why somehow nexus capable of transcending dimensions is produced.

According to the essayist Jodorowsky, those emotions that the grandmother suffered when she was pregnant with her daughter, were transferred to her and perhaps maybe to her future grandchildren. That is to say, that emotional influence can remain active in the DNA, even when a generation has already passed.

Source: Pixabay

Source: Pixabay

As we know, the information of the mitochondrial DNA, that is to say, the one that comes from the mother, is greater at the moment of the formation of the embryo.

The sperm of the father lacks this type of information, so the paternal grandparents do not intervene further. Despite this, some genetic studies estimate that the DNA traits of the father are much more dominant in relation to inheritance.

Source: Pixabay

Source: Pixabay

Similarly, from a rather sentimental point of view, in most cases, the maternal grandmother is much more involved with the pregnancy, birth, and upbringing of her grandchildren. The importance of this figure is undoubted for most.

Source: Pixabay

Source: Pixabay

Maybe we do not know what we inherited from our grandmothers, but their presence in our lives is very valuable from all points of view.

This story reminds us of a little boy's heartwarming answer to why God created grandmothers that have captured the hearts of many people. His innocent idea was genuinely surprising.

Posted to YouTube on January 10, 2008, the video shows the moment a little boy explaining that God created grandmothers to love and care about their grandchildren. He innocently added, “That’s all I know.”

info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Related posts

Rich Family Tries to Take Me & My Brother from Our Poor Widowed Dad — Years Later, I Ruin Their Reputation at a Wedding

November 03, 2023

My Grandson Told Me I’m the Worst Grandma, 8 Years Later He Appears at My Doorstep on His Knees – Story of the Day

February 26, 2024

My MIL Cried All Day after My Mom Came over & Told Her She Knew Her Secret

February 22, 2024

I Saw My Mother-in-Law Sneak Into Our Nursery at Night and Put Something in My Baby’s Mouth — Story of the Day

February 21, 2024

I Saw My Mother-in-Law Sneak Into Kid’s Room at Night and Put Something in My Baby’s Mouth — Story of the Day

January 23, 2024

Mom Slams Some Boomer Grandparents for Their Attitude with Grandkids

December 09, 2023

I Caught My Mom Trying to Sleep Train My Baby

October 30, 2023

My Middle Granddaughter Looks Different from Her Siblings, So I Gave Her a DNA Test to Expose the Truth

February 28, 2024

Rich Old Man Left Nearly $4.2M Estate – His Last Wish States Not All His Children May Inherit It

November 10, 2023

5 Stories about Children Who Neglect Their Old Parents and Got What They Deserved

January 31, 2024

5 Stories about DNA Tests That Changed Lives Forever

January 31, 2024

Dolly Parton, Who Never Had Kids, Treated Miley Cyrus Like Her Own — Here Is How Her Grandkids Would Look via AI

December 01, 2023

Girl Wondered How Mom Could Leave Her at a Year Old – 40 Years Later, a Police Discovery Solved Mom’s Disappearance

December 15, 2023

Young Man Adopts an Orphan Boy and Finds out He Is His Biological Son – Story of the Day

February 22, 2024