GettyImages
Source: GettyImages

Closer Weekly: Meghan & Harry Are Missing Son Archie 'like Crazy' during Their UK Trip

Afouda Fortune
Mar 09, 2020
11:27 A.M.
Share this pen
FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmail

Since their return to the U.K, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been unable to stop missing their son, Archie.

Advertisement

Although Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have their schedule filled with duties they need to fulfill before they step down as senior royals, that hasn’t stopped them from missing their child, Archie.

Prince Harry and Meghan react after their visit to Canada House in thanks for the warm Canadian hospitality and support they received during their recent stay in Canada, on January 7, 2020 in London, England | Photo: Getty Images

Advertisement

[Queen Elizabeth II] said in a statement that the royal family understood and respected Meghan and Harry’s choice to live independently.

According to Closer Weekly, a source stated that leaving Archie behind in Canada was for the best as they wouldn’t have had time to enjoy his presence if they had brought him along to the U.K with me.

Advertisement

 

The source, who spoke exclusively to the media outlet, also stated that the couple hated the idea of missing any new milestones while they’re in the U.K.

With that in mind, Meghan and Harry have been FaceTiming Archie to keep up with the toddler.

Another insider had previously told Closer Weekly that the Sussexes had opted to leave Archie in their North American home because they wanted to keep their son out of the spotlight.

Advertisement

Even though royal observers were disappointed about Archie’s absence, the most hit was allegedly Queen Elizabeth, per a Harper’s Bazaar report.

The site stated that the Queen and the royal family felt saddened about the development as they had allegedly seen little of the tot since he was born in May 2019.

Their son’s absence has, however, not stopped the Duchess of Sussex from gushing about him as she did during the recently held Endeavour Fund Awards in London.

Advertisement

During the event, which would be her and her husband’s first joint appearance since announcing their decision to step back from royal duties in January, Meghan stated that their son was “into everything.”

Amid the ongoing events, Us Weekly reported that Meghan and Harry would have to stop using the “Sussex Royal” name for their future investments once they step down as senior royals on March 31.

Despite that condition, the Queen has remained supportive of the couple’s decision to put their family first.

Queen Elizabeth II watches a flypast from the balcony of Buckingham Palace during Trooping The Colour, the Queen's annual birthday parade, on June 8, 2019 in London, England | Photo: Getty Images

Soon after the news of their step down became revealed, the 93-year-old monarch said in a statement that the royal family understood and respected Meghan and Harry’s choice to live independently.

The Queen also added that regardless of their choice, the duo would remain an esteemed part of the royal family.

Advertisement