logo
Instagram/marqueshouston
Instagram/marqueshouston

'Sister, Sister' Actor Marques Houston Defends His Engagement to 19-Year-Old Fiancé

Afouda Fortune
Jun 19, 2020
12:00 P.M.
Share this pen
FacebookFacebookTwitterTwitterLinkedInLinkedInEmailEmail

Marques Houston has defended himself in the face of accusations that he started dating his fiancée before she became legal.

Advertisement

When former B2K member, Marques Houston, announced his engagement to Miyanna “Miya” Dickey in March 2019, not many people knew how old she was - but things have changed since then.

Marques Houston at BET+ and Footage Film's "Sacrifice" premiere event at Landmark Theatre on December 11, 2019 | Photo: Getty Images

Marques Houston at BET+ and Footage Film's "Sacrifice" premiere event at Landmark Theatre on December 11, 2019 | Photo: Getty Images

Advertisement

According to The Blast, critics recently called out the singer-songwriter on his relationship with one person asking for an explanation as to why Marques, who is 38-years-old, is engaged to a 19-year-old, who he allegedly began dating before she was 18.

Back in 2010, [Marques] was accused of molesting his former band members, DeMario “Raz-B” Thornton and Quindon Tarver.

Advertisement

The couple was said to have been friends for years before they made their relationship social media official and then gotten engaged.

Miya and Marques were also said to have dated for roughly five months before the RnB singer-songwriter went down on his knee. With the many allegations surrounding his relationship, Marques took to Instagram to make some clarifications.

Advertisement

Alongside loved-up images of him and his beau, the 38-year-old wrote that Miya was initially a friend of Chris Stokes’ daughter, Chrissy Morales after the duo met in 2018. Marques then continued with his explanation that:

“Miya and I didn’t start dating until she was an adult. We fell in love and got engaged in March of 2019. My dad Michael loves her, and the people I am closest to all love her as well.”

Advertisement

This wouldn’t be the first time that Marques would make headlines as Essence reported that back in 2010, he was accused of molesting his former band members, DeMario “Raz-B” Thornton and Quindon Tarver.

In response to the allegations, Marques filed for a restraining order against DeMario, whom he claimed: “falsely accused me of molesting him.”

Advertisement

The “Sister, Sister” actor added that the accusations had caused him to suffer “emotional distress” even though Quindon claimed that he had been “penetrated” by Marques, “and it hurt…”

Even though the incident happened years ago, fans have refused to let it die down. Under the comment section of a VLAD interview he initially did in 2017; they let Marques know that they were yet to forget about it.

There were, however, people in the comment section who praised the star for giving Omarion a platform to grow his music career.

Marques addressed how he and Chris began the group at a young age after one of their songs became more prominent than they ever imagined.

Advertisement
info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Advertisement
Related posts

Charlie Sheen Broke Engagement to Brett Rossi for His Kids ⁠— She Claimed He Forced Her to End a Pregnancy

March 23, 2022

Delving into Taylor Kinney and Lady Gaga's Relationship after Their Unexpected Split

January 27, 2022

Harry Felt Diana Was 'Chased to Death' While Dating Man Who 'Wasn't White' & Feared It Happening to Meghan

April 18, 2022

Sam Hunt Once Made 7 Attempts to Win His Wife Back — Now Hannah Lee Fowler Is Divorcing Him

February 22, 2022