Meghan Markle Says She Has Several Reasons She's Glad to Be at Her New $14M Santa Barbara Home

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are currently undergoing a change in their lives as they recently moved between homes. Despite the stress of it all, the Duchess of Sussex is loving the change. 

Meghan Markle sat down with Gloria Steinheim, an icon of the feminist movement, for an interview. The pair spoke on a wide array of issues, including the significance of voting and racial representation. 

The chat was part of an awareness session from the MAKERS Women organization. The black-and-white video showed both women sitting in the backyard of Markle and the Prince Harry’s new residence in Santa Barbara. 

Duchess Meghan at the Commonwealth Day Service on March 09, 2020, in London, England | Photo:Getty Images

Duchess Meghan at the Commonwealth Day Service on March 09, 2020, in London, England | Photo:Getty Images

Before they got into the conversation, Steinheim had thanked Markle for welcoming her into the new house. The feminist icon expressed her delight at visiting. 

Steinheim also specifically pointed out that she was happy Markle was back in the United States. Replying, the Duchess of Sussex said

“Thank you. Me too, for so many reasons.” 

It’s unclear whether the pair had taken a jab at the United Kingdom, where Markle had lived briefly before she and Harry stepped down from their royal duties. 

It’s no secret that Markle took some harsh treatment from the media while she was in Britain. Back at home, she appears to be more relaxed. 

A source explained that Santa Barbara provides the couple with a slower pace.

So far, it has been a bit of a whirlwind year for Markle and Harry. Both caused a stir when they announced that they’d be stepping back from royal family duties earlier this year.

Negotiations over their move were extensive, and the couple even decided to leave London. While they had settled in Canada, however, they made a last-minute decision to move to the United States amid fears of the novel coronavirus pandemic. 

Along with their son, Archie, the couple stayed at a California estate owned by actor Tyler Perry. However, they decided to move into the Santa Barbara home this month.

A source explained that Santa Barbara provides the couple with a slower pace. They have also reportedly been craving a smaller community to live. This area ticks both boxes. 

Ever since their move, more details have surfaced about their home. The couple reportedly paid $14 million for it, and the house is said to even include a play area for little Archie. 

Sources added that Markle and Prince Harry had been thinking of somewhere they’d love to raise Archie in. With the new house, there’s enough space for him to grow and live a normal life. 

The couple appears to have found the perfect home for them. With peace and enough space, they couldn’t ask for much more.

ⓘ We at AmoMama do our best to give you the most updated news regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, but the situation is constantly changing. We encourage readers to refer to the online updates from CDС, WHO, or Local Health Departments to stay updated. Take care!

Related posts
youtube.com/The Queen's Commonwealth Trust
Royal Aug 24, 2020
Meghan Markle & Prince Harry Praise Queen Elizabeth as They Give a Glimpse of Their $14.7m Home
Getty Images
Relationship Aug 12, 2020
Page Six: Meghan Markle & Prince Harry Secretly Move – Inside Their 1st Home in Santa Barbara
Getty Images. | YouTube/The 19th
Royal Aug 17, 2020
Get a Glimpse of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's $14.7M Santa Barbara Home as Seen in a Recent Interview
Getty Images
Relationship Aug 14, 2020
Closer Weekly: Meghan Markle & Prince Harry's Mansion Is Perfect for Growing Son Archie – Details of Their New Home