Us Weekly: Prince Harry Believes Moving to America Is the Greatest Decision He Has Made

Gaone Pule
Apr 01, 2021
07:50 P.M.
Share this pen
FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmail

Prince Harry, the Duke of Sussex, and his beautiful wife Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, have no regrets about uprooting and moving to the United States.

Advertisement

A source told Us Weekly that the pair are not looking back after their departure from the British Royal family was made permanent in February. The insider added that the Duke feels rather liberated about the move than anything else.

"Harry does not have any regrets," and added the former military pilot, "feels liberated and excited about starting this new chapter," with Markle. Instead, he believes that he made the right choice.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend the Cirque du Soleil Premiere Of "TOTEM" at Royal Albert Hall on January 16, 2019 in London, England | Photo: Getty Images

Advertisement

According to the source, the 36-year-old believes that relocating to the US “is the best decision he’s ever made.” After stepping down from their senior roles in March 2020, the Sussexes first settled in Los Angeles with their son Archie.

Only then did they move to Montecito, Santa Barbara, California. In December, another source revealed to Entertainment Tonight that the couple had no plans to return to the United Kingdom amid the pandemic, though there are occasions they are monitoring.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend an official photocall to announce their engagement at The Sunken Gardens at Kensington Palace on November 27, 2017 in London, England | Photo: Getty Images

Advertisement

At the time, the insider also disclosed that they had their eyes set on the Invictus Games, Trooping the Colour and Prince Philip's birthday in June, and the Princess of Wales statue's unveiling. 

In terms of their decision not to go back to the UK full-time, the source further explained that the Duke and Duchess feel fulfilled through their work.

Advertisement

Last month, news broke that the pair would not be returning as working royals. According to BBC, Buckingham Palace released a statement with the Queen confirming that they would not "continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.”

The statement further stated that Markle and Prince Harry “remain much-loved members of the family.” In response to Her Majesty, the couple released a statement of their own and said, “service is universal.”

Advertisement

According to Entertainment Tonight, January marked one year since the pair announced their royal exit. A royal expert told the outlet that 39-year-old Markle and her husband left the Royal family to become independent, moreover financially independent.

The expert divulged that Duke is still in close contact with his grandmother and communicates with her every day. According to the expert, the pair have put their roots down, and America is their new home.

Advertisement

Meanwhile, Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, still misses his younger brother. According to Marie Claire, he still feels the loss left by his sibling and his wife more than a year after their big move.

An unnamed royal aide reportedly said, "Once he got over the anger of how things happened, he was left with the absence of his brother." According to the insider, the brothers shared everything about their lives, and there was a lot of fun along the way, noting that Prince William will miss it forever.

Advertisement