8-Year-Old Boy Thanks His Older Brother for Saving Him after a Tree Fell on Him

As others celebrated Fathers Day this Sunday, a family in Cloverdale, Indianapolis, celebrated a hero in their 15-year-old son. 

Denise Sanches and her sons Neithan Morales and Robert were out at Lieber State Recreation Area celebrating Father's Day when a tree fell on the campsite and trapped 8-year-old Robert beneath it.

Sanches says she was in the restroom, which was quite some distance away when she heard a loud thud. Unbeknownst to her, a tree had fallen and hit her son.

A picture of a campsite | Source: Pexels

A picture of a campsite | Source: Pexels

Neithan, who is 15, swung into action and freed his brother from the limbs of the tree. The little boy was rushed to Riley Hospital for Children with only a broken arm.

There had been a heavy storm at the campsite the previous night, with wind and rain beating on the campsite. Sanches says she never imagined something like that would happen. She says:

“All the people from the campsites around were running toward us, and there was this humongous tree on the ground.” 

Robert with his broken arm in a sling| Source: YouTube/WishTV

Robert with his broken arm in a sling| Source: YouTube/WishTV

She says the Putnamville Fire Department kept him contained on his way to the hospital and was amazing with him. She says the situation could not have been prevented as anything can happen on a campsite and that they plan on visiting again in the future.

Robert was lucky to escape with his life; Jaxx, a one-year-old, however, was not. Jaxx and his family were at their home in Townsend, Massachusetts, when he met his death.

She jumped and started hitting him on the back until finally, the hot dog flew out of his mouth.

Robert with his mother Denise at their home during the interview. | Source: YouTube/WishTV

Robert with his mother Denise at their home during the interview. | Source: YouTube/WishTV

The child's father, Chris Sellers, was holding him when a tree fell on them. Sellers, who survived the ordeal, sustained hematomas, scrapes, and bad cuts. Jaxx was airlifted to Boston's Tufts Medical Center, where he was admitted to the pediatric Intensive Care Unit(PICU).

He was put on a ventilator but unfortunately did not make it. The devastated mother took to her Facebook to let out her grief. In one of the posts, she appealed to those who would give her company as she did not want to be alone. She wrote:

"We will be home tomorrow and Chris and I would really like some company I really don't want to be alone."

Little Jaxx with his parents Roxxe and Chris before the fateful day | Source:JaxxGoFundMe page

Little Jaxx with his parents Roxxe and Chris before the fateful day | Source:JaxxGoFundMe page

The family has since opened a GoFundMe page to raise funds for Jaxx's funeral and has so far raised over $25,000. In addition, the parents say they will donate the boy's organs to help someone in need.

Another hero sibling story is an 11year old Charlotte from New Jersey who swung into action when she saw her 4-year-old brother Angelo choking on a hotdog.

Baby Jaxx with mom Roxxe and dad Chris before the unfortunate accident | Source: Facebook/ Roxxe Patrice erkins

Baby Jaxx with mom Roxxe and dad Chris before the unfortunate accident | Source: Facebook/ Roxxe Patrice erkins

She says they were eating when their mom stepped out for a minute, and that is when her little brother started jumping and running around. That's when she realized he was gagging.

She jumped and started hitting him on the back until finally, the hot dog flew out of his mouth. Thie incident happened only a month after she took a Red Cross Babysitting Basics course. Her heroic act was honored by the American Red Cross. 

ⓘ The information in this article is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, and images contained on, or available through this NEWS.AMOMAMA.COM is for general information purposes only. NEWS.AMOMAMA.COM does not take responsibility for any action taken as a result of reading this article. Before undertaking any course of treatment please consult with your healthcare provider.

Related posts
Story of the Day: Man Sends His Daughter to an Orphanage Because His New Wife Does Not Like Her
pexels.com
Inspirational Stories May 06, 2021
Story of the Day: Man Sends His Daughter to an Orphanage Because His New Wife Does Not Like Her
Story of the Day: Man Forbids Brother's Fiancée in His Home for Trash Talking About His Mom
Shutterstock
Inspirational Stories Apr 26, 2021
Story of the Day: Man Forbids Brother's Fiancée in His Home for Trash Talking About His Mom
Young Newly Engaged Florida Woman Severely Injured by Restaurant Roof Collapse in Mexico
facebook.com/haileycooper11
People Apr 04, 2021
Young Newly Engaged Florida Woman Severely Injured by Restaurant Roof Collapse in Mexico
Exclusive: Lyssa Chapman Talks Beth's Death, Coming Out, Family Business and More
Instagram/mslyssac
Exclusive Mar 23, 2021
Exclusive: Lyssa Chapman Talks Beth's Death, Coming Out, Family Business and More