People: Sean Spicer Shared His Thoughts on Elimination from DWTS

Sean Spicer has spoken out about his elimination from "Dancing with the Stars," and his reaction is quite understandable.

Monday night on "Dancing with the Stars" saw Sean Spicer get eliminated, after surviving nine weeks, and making it to the quarter-finals. Opening up to People, he said he has mixed reactions about leaving the dance competition.

Sean Spicer at Disney Week night of the 2019 season of "Dancing with the Stars." | Photo: Getty Images

Sean Spicer at Disney Week night of the 2019 season of "Dancing with the Stars." | Photo: Getty Images

While Spicer feels relieved, he is also a tad disappointed that his journey came to an end. However, he understands the judges' decision to let him go, saying,

"The judges made the right decision on a night where you had two dances. The scores were going to be very difficult to understand."

 Sean Spicer visits "Extra" at Universal Studios Hollywood on August 1, 2018 in Universal City, California | Photo: Getty Images

Sean Spicer visits "Extra" at Universal Studios Hollywood on August 1, 2018 in Universal City, California | Photo: Getty Images

The former White House Press Secretary expressed his gratitude to his fans, who kept him on DWTS even when the judges wanted to kick him out. He said:

"There's been a tremendous amount of support that has kept me from the bottom two the last nine weeks, and I've truly been humbled by how many people have taken their time out of their Monday nights to keep me going."

Lindsay Arnold and Sean Spicer pose at "Dancing with the Stars" Season 28 at CBS Television City on October 14, 2019 in Los Angeles, California | Photo: Getty Images

Lindsay Arnold and Sean Spicer pose at "Dancing with the Stars" Season 28 at CBS Television City on October 14, 2019 in Los Angeles, California | Photo: Getty Images

Spicer added that he would look back on his time on DWTS as a fantastic experience. On this week's live show, the eliminated contestant was at the bottom two with the country singer, Lauren Alaina, and judges, Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli, voted the 48-year-old male out.

Last week, Spicer, who has been dancing for two weeks with Jenna Johnson after his pro dance partner, Lindsay Arnold, left the show due to a family emergency, faced a lot of criticism for surviving elimination.

 Lindsay Arnold and Sean Spicer attend the "Dancing With The Stars" Season 28 show at CBS Television City on September 16, 2019 in Los Angeles, California | Photo: Getty Images

Lindsay Arnold and Sean Spicer attend the "Dancing With The Stars" Season 28 show at CBS Television City on September 16, 2019 in Los Angeles, California | Photo: Getty Images

Johnson was also surprised and shared on Twitter a GIF of how she looked when she found out they got saved and the words,

"When they call your order first, even when you order last."

The head judge, Len Goodman, also expressed his disappointment, saying the audience kept giving Spicer a lifeline. Wendy Williams also joined the conversation, pointing out during her show's "Hot Topics" that it was more of a popularity contest than who dances better.

Sadly, the audience could not keep Spicer longer on DWTS, and while the show goes on, the former public servant will forge ahead with his life, and the opportunities ahead of him.

Related posts
youtube.com/Dancing With The Stars
TV Nov 07, 2019
Jenna Johnson Appears to Be Shocked after Sean Spicer Is Saved Again & DWTS Fans Weigh In
youtube.com/Dancing With The Stars
TV Nov 07, 2019
Sean Spicer Is Saved yet Again on DWTS and Fans React
Getty images
Aug 29, 2019
Sean Spicer's DWTS Casting Draws Calls for a Boycott from Fans
Getty Images
TV Sep 18, 2019
Trump's Former Press Secretary Sean Spicer Cries in Video after His Salsa Dance on DWTS Premiere