GettyImages
Source: GettyImages

Famous Chef Turns His Restaurants into To-Go Kitchens for Those in Need

Olowokandi Fiyin
Mar 23, 2020
05:00 P.M.
Share this pen
FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmail

Amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, more famous outfits and people have stepped up to lend a helping hand to those in need.

Advertisement

Just as more cases of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic have made the headlines, more celebrities, including celebrity chef José Andrés have shown their intent to help those in need.

Celebrated Chef Jose Andres talks to journalists about why he is converting Zaytinya into a grab-and-go meal restaurant in response to the novel coronavirus March 17, 2020 | Photo: Getty Images

Advertisement

According to Today, the chef took to his social media platform to announce that he was turning his restaurants in Washington, D.C. and New York City into takeout kitchens.

Ryan Reynolds, and Blake Lively, had previously disclosed that they would be donating a substantial amount to help those who were unable to access meals during the coronavirus pandemic.

One of his restaurants noted that they would be “temporarily closing most of our restaurants in D.C. and New York.”

Advertisement

The chef’s nonprofit, World Central Kitchen, also pointed out that they would be partnering with others to circulate grab-and-go meals that were fresh and individually packaged to families in need in The Bronx.

Today explained that the 50-year-old chef would be turning most of his restaurants into places that would provide to-go meals.

Advertisement

Although the dishes would come with different price tags, each eatery would permit people to pay what they can afford.

Although the dishes would come with different price tags, each eatery would permit people to pay what they can afford. Additionally, those who had plans to donate a meal to future patrons were also invited to partake in the process.

Advertisement

 

José’s announcement came after he had told his Twitter family that the World Central Kitchen located in Oakland, California, was open for business. The chef didn’t stop there as he took time out to encourage his followers with the words:

“we are one big family & we will get through this. We can all take care of each other...sometimes that’s all it takes. So be strong. We can change the world through the power of food.”

Advertisement

 

It would be recalled that Ryan Reynolds, and his wife, Blake Lively, had previously disclosed that they would be donating a substantial amount to help those who were unable to access meals during the coronavirus pandemic.

According to a report by WZZM13, the actor’s news had come through a social media post where he said he and his wife were making a $1million donation to Feeding America and Food Banks Canada.

The “Deadpool” star had also encouraged his followers to “leave room for joy” as they focused on taking care of their bodies and hearts.

Advertisement

We at news.AmoMama.com do our best to give you the most updated news regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, but the situation is constantly changing. We encourage readers to refer to the online updates from CDС, WHO, or Local Health Departments to stay updated.Take care!