According to different reports, Duchess Meghan and her husband Prince Harry are set to have their first Christmas Day together in the US since stepping down from their senior royal roles.
Prince Harry, 36, Duchess Meghan, 39, and their toddler son Archie are going to have their very first Christmas celebrations in their home in the US this year. They have a new home in Montecito, California.
According to a source that spoke to “ET,” they are planning on having a quiet celebration at home. The insider also claimed that Meghan’s mother, Doria Ragland, would be joining them.
The royal’s mother also lives in the US. The source also revealed what the trio would get up to on the special holiday noting how Meghan was a good cook who would be:
“Preparing some of their favorite dishes with Harry and Doria pitching in."
About a week ago, the royal couple was spotted getting ready for the holiday season. A Twitter user reportedly saw the duo when they popped by their unnamed tree barn to buy a Christmas tree.
The social media user revealed that their lot was empty when the royals came through. Only one other family was at the barn when the pair arrived and the family’s son had fun running through the trees.
According to the Twitter user, the little boy ran up to Harry not knowing who he was, and asked him if he worked at the barn. Last year, the Sussexes also enjoyed Christmas away from the Royal Family.
They spent the special holiday in Canada with Ragland and their son. It’s been said the Royal Family is quite “disappointed” that the trio won’t be joining them for the holiday, especially because they won’t see Archie.
Part of the reason why Harry and Meghan aren’t going back to the UK for the holidays is because of the novel coronavirus pandemic. In early November 2020, the UK went back into a nationwide lockdown.
Prince Harry said he would go back to watch the upcoming World Cup.
Another reason for their continued stay is due to Meghan's trial against “The Mail on Sunday” being postponed. The case was originally set to start in January 2021, but it has been moved to the fall.
“BAZAAR.com” previously reported that the royal was the one who asked for the postponement. This means the Sussexes won’t need to go to the in-person trial anytime soon and will probably remain in the US.
In August 2020, while taking part in a video call with members of the Rugby Football League, Harry revealed one reason he would return to the UK. He said he would go back to watch the World Cup.