logo
YouTube.com/Piers Morgan Uncensored | Getty Images
Source: YouTube.com/Piers Morgan Uncensored | Getty Images

Sharon Osbourne Claims Harry & Meghan Are 'Totally Lost' Yet Want to Be 'Two Very Important People'

Junie Sihlangu
Jul 25, 2022
09:15 A.M.
Share this pen
FacebookFacebookTwitterTwitterLinkedInLinkedInEmailEmail

Sharon Osbourne doesn't seem to be a big fan of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. In a recent interview with her friend and fellow television host Piers Morgan, the pair held a smear campaign against the royal couple.

Advertisement

In March 2021, after Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan's tell-all CBS interview with Oprah Winfrey aired, television personality Piers Morgan addressed it. The star's views were so controversial that it got the women of "The Talk" to tackle it.

Fellow co-hosts Sharon Osbourne, and Sheryl Underwood got into an on-air argument due to differing views. Osbourne cried as she and Underwood discussed whether Morgan's outlook was racist.

Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan at the Salute To Freedom Gala on November 10, 2021, in New York City. | Source: Getty Images

Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan at the Salute To Freedom Gala on November 10, 2021, in New York City. | Source: Getty Images

Advertisement

Previously, Osbourne had gotten in trouble on Twitter after defending Morgan's views on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Underwood tried diffusing the situation during the daytime talk show's fallout, but it was too late.

Osbourne was heard swearing as the show cut to commercials. Taking to Twitter later on, the former reality show star claimed that she'd "panicked" while talking to Underwood after being "blindsided" by the topic.

Advertisement

Viewers were not pleased with the exchange, leading to "The Talk's hiatus while CBS performed an internal investigation. In the end, the network decided to part ways with Osbourne over her behavior.

In a subsequent interview with Bill Maher the following months, the former talk show host shared how "upset" and "angry" she was for being let go from "The Talk." However, in 2022, Osbourne was still trashing the Sussexes with Morgan.

SHARON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT THE SUSSEXES

Advertisement

In July 2022, Osbourne was featured on Morgan's show, "Piers Morgan Uncensored," where she shared her views about the Sussexes. When asked by her friend what she thought about the royal couple, the former talk show host said, "I think they're lost."

She explained how the couple appeared to be all over the place; one minute Harry and Meghan were creating a cartoon, then a documentary on themselves, they were saving the world, adding:

“They just haven’t found their path in life yet, I really believe that. They’re lost; they’re floundering.”

Advertisement

Morgan wanted to know if it was okay for the Sussexes to use their royal titles to make their monies. Osbourne shared how she felt it was wrong for the couple to talk about "private things" that had occurred in the Royal Family, noting:

“And you know what, they wanted their freedom, and they have it, but they want more than just their freedom. They want to be two very important people politically.”

Advertisement

Harry also found himself under fire after he and his wife visited the United Nations (UN) to commemorate Nelson Mandela International Day in the same month. The Duke of Sussex spoke at the organization's New York general assembly.

Meghan's husband gave a speech that compared the US' overturning of constitutional rights to Ukraine's war. He said both were "global assault(s) on democracy and freedom - the cause of Mandela's life."

Advertisement

It's believed the constitutional rights Harry alluded to were June's Supreme Court ruling to overturn Roe v. Wade. In response to his statements, Meghan McCain wrote a Daily Mail piece disagreeing with Harry's likening of Ukraine's war with the US ruling.

She claimed the duke's speech was confusing and "wildly insulting to the undoubtedly few Americans." Harry was invited to give an address at the UN because of his ties to the Nelson Mandela Foundation.

Advertisement

Since stepping back from their senior royal roles in the British family in early 2020, the Sussexes have been busy securing their independence. In September 2020, Harry and Meghan signed a multi-year deal with Netflix.

The deal saw them creating original content like movies, documentaries, series, and children's programming, with the partnership being titled Archewell Productions. According to an Us Weekly source, the deal they signed was worth almost $100 million.

Advertisement

Another Us Weekly insider alleged that the Duke of Sussex had always had a "creative streak" before his wife inspired them to look into it. Being in the entertainment industry wasn't something Harry had considered because of his status as a royal.

However, after he and his wife stepped back from their roles, he felt he now had space to explore exciting and new opportunities. The informant claimed Harry couldn't wait to get his forthcoming projects "off the ground."

Advertisement

In December 2020, the Sussex's Archewell Audio production company teamed up with Spotify. With their audio production business, Harry and Meghan wished to "elevate voices" that weren't heard so that people could listen to others' stories.

He [Tim Davie] also apologized for how Martin Bashir, the journalist who interviewed the Princess of Wales, deceived the People's Princess...

During their Winfrey interview, the couple revealed that Harry's family cut them off financially after they stepped down from their role. He and his wife made deals to give them financial and physical security.

OSBOURNE'S OPINIONS ABOUT ANOTHER BRITISH ROYAL

Advertisement

During her appearance with the former "Good Morning Britain" co-host, Osbourne also addressed Harry's late mother, Princess Diana's controversial 1995 Panorama interview. The former talk show host shared how shocking it was that the BBC would be involved in such an undertaking where their credibility came into question.

Advertisement

Osbourne blamed the network for destroying Diana and Prince Charles' marriage. She felt the BBC damaged the Royal Family's mental and physical well-being by forging documents to convince the late princess that her nanny had an affair with Charles and aborted his child.

Advertisement

After a lengthy investigation was completed over the interview, Tim Davie, the BBC's director general, vowed: "never to show it again." Charles and Diana's former nanny, Tiggy Legge-Bourke, now goes by Alexandra Pettifer.

In July 2022, it was reported that she's expected to receive "substantial damages" from the BBC over the false allegations about her having an affair with Charles. Davie apologized to the Royal Family for the "deceitful tactics" used by the BBC to pursue the interview.

He also apologized for how Martin Bashir, the journalist who interviewed the Princess of Wales, deceived the People's Princess and how the spreading lies impacted all the British Royal's lives.

Advertisement
info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Advertisement
Related posts

Harry Felt Diana Was 'Chased to Death' While Dating Man Who 'Wasn't White' & Feared It Happening to Meghan

April 18, 2022

Fans Slam Harry & Meghan for Attracting Attention to Drama –Queen 'Wants a Line to Be Drawn,' Expert Claims

July 17, 2022

Harry 'Looked Furious' after Being Seated in 2nd Row at Jubilee & May 'Want an Apology,' Claims Expert

June 10, 2022

Prince Harry Wants to Make Sure Queen Is ‘Protected’ While He Lives in America Where He Calls His ‘Home’ Now

April 20, 2022