logo

Mom Recalls Terrifying Moment 2-Year-Old ‘Slipped Away’ in Her Arms after Choking on a Sausage

Rebelander Basilan
Apr 05, 2019
05:08 A.M.

Beth Ranger has opened up about the traumatic moment her two-year-old daughter Mia-Rose tragically "slipped away" in her arms after choking on a cocktail sausage.

Advertisement

In June 2018, the 22-year-old mother, from Dartford, had enjoyed a family day out with little Mia-Rose, her other children, sister, and niece. However, it soon turned into the worst day of her life.

"It was a normal, hot day, we were just in the park together," Ranger told News Shopper.

The devastated mother added that when they arrived home, she gave the children sausages as a quick snack.

Advertisement

"Next thing I know my little one started choking," she continued.

Family park | Photo: Shutterstock

Family park | Photo: Shutterstock

"I couldn't sit and watch her go again, so I ran outside of the hospital room in tears. I eventually went back in, and she was gone two minutes later."

Ranger was in the kitchen preparing supper when she heard Mia-Rose coughing. She promptly checked her daughter if she was alright.

She then saw her sister slapping the back of Mia-Rose. Unfortunately, the sausage couldn't be removed.

Ranger called an ambulance and rushed over to give her CPR when the little child began to turn blue and stopped breathing.

Advertisement
Cocktail sausages | Photo:

Cocktail sausages | Photo:

"I knew in my heart she was gone. She'd slipped away," she told The Sun. "I kept thinking, how the hell can I perform CPR on my child knowing that she's going to die? It was traumatic."

Mia-Rose was immediately taken to Darent Valley Hospital in Kent after an ambulance crew arrived and failed to remove the food lodged in her airway.

Due to a lack of oxygen, the little girl suffered severe brain damage. She then spent time on life support.

Ambulance car rides trough tunnel | Photo: Shutterstock

Ambulance car rides trough tunnel | Photo: Shutterstock

Advertisement

Faced with the hardest decision of their lives, Ranger and her partner, Mia-Rose's dad Liam Browne, decided to put an end to the toddler's suffering. They agreed to switch her life-support off.

"It took seven minutes for her to go," Ranger said. "I'd already seen her go once when she stopped breathing in my arms at home."

She added: "I couldn't sit and watch her go again, so I ran outside of the hospital room in tears. I eventually went back in, and she was gone two minutes later."

Baby's foot in mother hands | Photo: Shutterstock

Baby's foot in mother hands | Photo: Shutterstock

Despite the pain of losing her daughter, Ranger preferred to remember happier times with her.

"She was always smiling. I could have a bad day, but just one look at her face would make me feel better," she said.

This is not the only instance where a child dies from choking. In 2017, two-year-old Ayyan Umar passed away from choking on grapes.

Advertisement
info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Advertisement
Related posts

Girl Strolls Through Supermarket with Mom, Spots Her 'Missing' Photo on Milk Carton – Story of the Day

February 27, 2024

Girl Strolls Through Supermarket with Mom, Spots Her 'Missing' Photo on Milk Carton – Story of the Day

February 14, 2024

Old Lady Thinks Her Husband Died in Fire, Years Later She Accidentally Sees Him with Young Woman — Story of the Day

May 12, 2024

Man Is Certain His Wife Died 3 Years Ago, Accidentally Meets Her on Vacation – Story of the Day

February 15, 2024

Man Is Certain His Wife Died 3 Years Ago, Accidentally Meets Her on Vacation – Story of the Day

February 13, 2024

My Little Daughter Accidentally Exposed My Husband's Secret - Her Revelation Made Me Go Pale

March 29, 2024

My 4-Year-Old Daughter Started Drawing Dark Pictures after Accidentally Discovering Her Dad's Secret

May 03, 2024

Man Mocks and Dumps Loyal Wife for Another Woman, Life Dumps Him Later – Story of the Day

April 05, 2024

7-Year-Old Girl Scared Her Mom Because She Knew Her Secret

March 22, 2024

My Late Mom Left $5 Million Inheritance to My Greedy Brother and Aunts & I Only Got an Envelope with an Address

April 29, 2024

My 4-Year-Old Daughter Started Drawing Dark Pictures after Accidentally Discovering Her Dad's Secret

February 09, 2024

102-Year-Old Lady Is Stunned to Find All Her Retirement Savings Run Out — Story of the Day

April 17, 2024

My Late Mom Left $5 Million Inheritance to My Greedy Brother and Aunts & I Only Got an Envelope with an Address

January 31, 2024

Hour Before Wedding, Bride Gets Anonymous Letter with Her Groom's Secret Photos Inside – Story of the Day

March 07, 2024