More Than 95,000 Pounds of Smoked Sausage Products Recalled
The Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) warned consumers that the smoked sausages were recalled after a customer found plastic particles in the product.
The Johnsonville Jalapeño Cheddar smoked sausages were manufactured, packaged and shipped on March 12 and March 13. The FSIS recall warning states:
“Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.”
Customers are urged to look out for the packets with the establishment number EST. 34224 on the label, with the phrase "JALAPEÑO CHEDDAR Smoked Sausage” and “Best By 06/09/2019”
The Class I recall notice was issued after the FSIS received complaints from customers who found "extraneous materials" – pieces of hard green plastic – in the sausages.
A Class I recall is described as any "situation where there is a reasonable probability that the use of the product will cause serious, adverse health consequences or death."The California Department of Public Health also issued the recall alert:
Consumers who may have bought the packets are urged not to consume the product, and should instead throw it away or return the packages to the place of purchase.
Those who may have already ingested the products are urged to contact a health care provider with immediate effect.
For any related queries or concerns, Kirsten Bishir, Johnsonville, LLC. Consumer Relations Coordinator can be reached on phone or text at 1-888-556-2728. In addition, Bishir can be reached via mail on KBishir@johnsonville.com.
ⓘ The information in this article is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, and images contained on, or available through this NEWS.AMOMAMA.COM is for general information purposes only. NEWS.AMOMAMA.COM does not take responsibility for any action taken as a result of reading this article. Before undertaking any course of treatment please consult with your healthcare provider.