Madonna Offers Prince Harry & Meghan Markle the Chance to Sublet Her New York Apartment

As Prince Harry and Meghan Markle settle down for life in the Great White North, one pop icon is hoping she can change their minds. Madonna wants the royals to abandon their new home in Canada. 

On Tuesday, Madonna, 61, shared an idea she has for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle as she sat down to get her makeup done. Jazz music in the background somehow matched her tone. 

"Don't run off to Canada," the "Material Girl" singer said sweetly. She seemed to think for a while before making an offer that not many would refuse. The clip is found below.

Madonna's Manhattan offer

The blonde songstress did a little jig with her shoulders before she continued: "I'll let them sublet my apartment in Central Park West, it's two-bedroom. It's got the best view of Manhattan." 

Then, as if saying it out loud confirmed the future, the singer called the offer a "winner." She proceeded to compare Buckingham Palace to her New York apartment.

Madonna performs onstage during the 2019 Billboard Music Awards at MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 1, 2019, in Las Vegas, Nevada. | Photo: Getty Images

Madonna performs onstage during the 2019 Billboard Music Awards at MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 1, 2019, in Las Vegas, Nevada. | Photo: Getty Images

The view at Buckingham Palace

Behind her, a male voice added that the New York location indeed had a better view. Madonna wrapped up the video by saying that the view in Britain was "a bunch of guys in woolly hats." 

In her caption, the singer again posed the question to the former senior royals. So far, there's been no response. Markle and Harry currently have a lot going on, though.

Harry wants to protect Meghan

The pair are dealing with tons of backlash for stepping down as senior royals as well as for moving to Canada last month. They'll reportedly split the time between their new home and the UK. 

Although the reason was primarily believed to result from how the media negatively reported on Meghan, a royal expert said that Prince Harry is taking full responsibility for making the big decision. 

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry prepare for their speeches at a reception held at the High Commissioner’s Residence in South Africa, on October 02, 2019, in Johannesburg, South Africa | Photo: Getty Images

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry prepare for their speeches at a reception held at the High Commissioner’s Residence in South Africa, on October 02, 2019, in Johannesburg, South Africa | Photo: Getty Images

Through ET Online, Katie Nicholl said that the grandson of Queen Elizabeth II had taken it upon himself to shoulder the blame fully in hopes of protecting his wife. 

Meghan might be acting again

Meanwhile, the royal pair, who share son Archie, are making other career plans in their lives, reported Closer Weekly last week. They'll need to do so as they no longer rely on the public's funds. 

According to the outlet, right now, Harry and Markle are looking to see which charities would be best to attach their names to over in Canada. They'll also be making appearances to provide some income. 

Markle, who worked on the show "Suits" before she married into royalty, is also reportedly searching for a new gig in the entertainment industry. She's already secured voiceover roles with Disney.

Related posts
Getty Images
Relationship Feb 01, 2020
Meghan Markle & Prince Harry Are Reportedly Working on New Projects & Planning New Trips
Royal Jan 22, 2020
Prince Harry Is Back in Canada and Will Reunite with Meghan & Archie after Days Apart
Getty Images
Royal Jan 10, 2020
People: Meghan & Harry Returned to London as Archie Remained with Meghan's Close Friend in Canada
Getty Images
Relationship Jan 13, 2020
The Times: Meghan Markle Signs Deal with Disney Amid Plans to Step Back from Royal Duties